The Registered Nurse monitors patients at all times, ensuring safety and compliance with program protocols. The individual assesses patients continually to evaluate changes in acuity and physical state, relaying critical information to physicians or nurse practitioners as needed, and making recommendations about transfer to higher levels of care as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Place orders to toxicology laboratories, blood analysis laboratories, and pharmacy
- Receive and analyze results from laboratories
- Communicate laboratory results to physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Receive and store all orders from pharmacy in accordance with facility policies
- Take and record patient vital signs according to schedule and policy
- Assess patient symptoms regularly, report condition changes to physician if change in care plan may be necessary
- Dispense medications to patients as needed, according to schedule, and in line with facility policies
- Respond to medical emergencies and call physician as needed for orders
- Screen patients upon admission and work with physician to determine whether patient is appropriate for admission
- Supervise patient monitoring station or delegate to other staff as necessary
- Monitor on-site narcotics to prevent theft or abuse
- Lead patient community meeting as necessary in absence of available Patient Engagement Specialist
- Participate in Performance Improvement Committee meetings as needed
- In absence of managers, act as supervisor on duty and ensure other staff carry out all duties and responsibilities of their positions
- Perform all other tasks assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Registered Nurse acts as Supervisor-On-Duty in absence of other managers, but has no direct reports.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or higher
- Active Registered Nursing License
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in psychiatric nursing
- Chemical Dependency Treatment experience preferred
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Certified in First Aid
- Personal passion or interest in substance abuse issues strongly preferred
- Must be committed to drug-free lifestyle and responsible alcohol use
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Competency with Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable working with electronic health records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly exposed to an indoor medical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Praxis operates Residential Treatment Programs for individuals with Substance Abuse Disorder. We seek not merely to restore sobriety, but to transform our patients’ worlds from a state of everlasting darkness to vibrant technicolor. We believe that treatment is local, individualized, holistic and relational. We’re currently in several states and are rapidly growing nationally. Learn more at https://www.praxistreatment.com/.
Praxis by Landmark Recovery
Why Work Here?We’re looking for people who are excited to join our passionate, authentic and courageous team. We’re uncompromising in the pursuit of excellence: our core values are more than just words on a page - we live and breathe them. To work at Praxis is to make a promise to help our patients achieve their wildest dreams. Our mission is to unlock human potential and save a million lives over the next hundred years. Praxis operates Residential Treatment Programs for individuals with Substance Abuse Disorder. We seek not merely to restore sobriety, but to transform our patients’ worlds from a state of everlasting darkness to vibrant technicolor. We believe that treatment is local, individualized, holistic and relational. We’re currently in several states and are rapidly growing nationally. Learn more at https://www.praxistreatment.com/.
Meaningful mission, entrepreneurial team and lots of room for growth.