Lead Production Supervisor / General Foreman / 2nd Shift
Praxis Packaging Solutions, a leader in the secondary packaging industry, is searching for a Lead Production Supervisor / General Foreman / 2nd Shift.
Praxis Packaging continues to grow!!!
Lead Production Supervisor / General Foreman needed to direct 2nd Shift.
We are looking for a strong leader with outstanding organization and people skills to help direct the 2nd shift at our Grand Rapids Operation. This role will have 5-10 direct reports and indirectly lead close to 300 employees. We are a fast-paced, agile, customer-focused company that operates in an FDA-regulated, quality sensitive environment. This job will require weekends and regular overtime, but does offer a strong compensation package, as well as a full benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, short/long-term disability, etc. Please apply today if interested.
2nd Shift = 2:30pm – 11:30pm
OT paid for all hours over 40/wk. - Expected earnings of $100k+/yr.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Ensure quality finished goods are processed following all Company policies and conforms to customer’s regulatory requirements.
· Makes adjustments to manpower to maintain production schedule to meet due dates.
· Monitor each line for productivity and adherence to policies, procedures, work instructions and safety.
· Facilitate communication with Maintenance on equipment issues and to assure a smooth transition for line change-overs.
· Responsible for all deviation and CAPA investigations as they relate to their primary accounts.
· Monitor housekeeping, 5S and safety.
· Facilitate timely training on SOPs, policies, WI, etc.
· Participate in continuous process improvement to increase efficiency.
· Addresses complaints and problems, elevates to Leadership when needed
· Ensures proper PPE’s and Safety procedures are followed
Knowledge & Experience:
- Associates Degree, required or equivalent combination
- 5+ years Operations experience required
- Experience in an FDA-regulated facility preferred
- 3+ years of previous Supervision experience required, ideally in a diverse workforce
- Previous experience with flexible packaging equipment preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs: Word, Excel, and Outlook, preferred
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) related software, preferred
About Praxis Packaging:
Established in 1989 and headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Praxis Packaging Solutions is a full service contract packaging company specializing in Secondary Packaging operations for the consumer product, cosmetics, food & beverage, over the counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, and promotional products industry as well as Primary Filling and Packaging of Oral Solid Dosage Tablets.
We are an independently operated subsidiary of the Huizenga Group. The Huizenga Group is a privately held firm that provides management services to a diverse group of companies. The current portfolio of companies provides products and services for the world adding automotive, pharmaceutical, military goods, medical device, consumer goods and office furniture manufacturers.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.