Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking an Instrument & Electrical Technician at our air separation plant that provides low cost, high purity industrial gases to our customers via pipelines and liquid transport. The overall objective of the Instrument & Electrical Technician is to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the production facility at the lowest life cycle cost. The Technician will be responsible for the management and execution of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for instrument and electrical systems and equipment at the Memphis, TN site. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
1. Assist in site compliance with Praxair and Regulatory requirements for
personnel safety, process safety and environmental policies.
2. Troubleshoot, calibrate, maintain and repair analyzers; process control instrumentation; and, predictive instrumentation systems.
3. Troubleshoot, maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment up to 4160VAC.
4. Preventive and predictive maintenance of plant instrument and
5. Maintain data and documentation related to calibration,
preventive/predictive and corrective activities in site specific
management systems such as ProCal and EAM.
6. Manage inventory of critical spares for instrument and electrical
equipment and systems.
7. Plan, schedule, estimate costs, coordinate and perform required
corrective and preventative/predictive work of instrument and electrical
systems during site outages.
8. Procure for site instrument and electrical needs.
9. Assist in identifying and resolving chronic instrument and electrical
10. Support root cause analysis program for major failures of instrument
and electrical systems.
11. Contribute to mechanical and process reliability as needed.
12. Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of
urgency and integrity.
The technician must be able to read and interpret process and instrumentation diagrams; electrical prints; and, technical manuals. In addition, the candidate must be computer literate; have strong interpersonal skills; and, must be able to learn, function and contribute in a fast-paced environment. In this position, the technician will normally work day-shift Monday to Friday. Availability and accessibility to work after-hours on routine and emergency site issues is required. The technician will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated instrument and electrical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of instrumentation and/or electrical systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, inspection, calibration and/or repairs of industrial instrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipment such as analyzers, process control devices, process measurement devices, switchgear, transformers and motors.
3. Proven experience in preventive and predictive maintenance of industrial instrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipment.
4. Proven ability to use instrumentation and electrical tools such as meters, meggers, communicators and calibrators.
5. Proven ability to review and interpret instrumentation and electrical documentation such as P&ID, control schematics and electrical prints.
6. Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
7. Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
8. Proven experience as a self-starter, who effectively manages multiple tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent documentation and record-keeping skills.
9. Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
10. Proven experience in computerized maintenance management systems such as ProCal and EAM.
11. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
12. Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts
1. Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation
2. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
3. Successful completion of a 4-year electrical or instrumentation apprenticeship program.
4. Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.
Praxair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.