Explore your possibilities: Build your skills. Enjoy your challenge. Make your mark. Own your future.
Praxair Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company with 2016 sales of $11 billion, a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including, chemicals, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
At Praxair you’ll join 27,000 talented and diverse people in more than 50 countries, working to make a difference in the world and make our company successful. Our people work on challenging and meaningful projects and are trusted to take on responsibility early in their careers. Their contributions are valuable to our company, our customers, our communities and our shareholders. Explore our site and learn how your talent can make an impact at Praxair: www.praxair.ca.
Praxair Canada Inc is currently recruiting for a Delivery Driver (DZ) for it's Package Gases business. This position is located in Sudbury, Ontario.
As a Driver you will be responsible for the delivery of high pressure cylinders, liquid containers, etc. to customer locations. In addition, you will also:
- Load and unload cylinders, count and record quantities and styles of product to ensure actual load complies with shipping documents
- Check and placard vehicle according to Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations
- Follow operating and safety procedures while completing the assigned tasks
- Complete shipping orders and related paperwork
- Complete trip reports, fuel tickets and other necessary reports
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervisor
- Identify need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable to ensure the maintenance or repairs are conducted with a minimum of disruption to the operation.
You will bring with you to this position:
- Minimum 2 years of DZ driving experience
- Valid, incident free, applicable provincial Driver's License with air brake endorsement
- Ability to manipulate a variety of cylinder sizes and weights as required
- Knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling
- Mechanical aptitude
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive flex-benefits plan, a pension plan, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and much more!
Praxair has an extensive background check process which includes a criminal background review, pre-employment medical, driver’s license and abstract review, and may also include reference checks, employment and education verification as well as others.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.