Explore your possibilities: Build your skills. Enjoy your challenge. Make your mark. Own your future.
Praxair Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company with 2015 sales of $11 billion, a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including chemicals, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
At Praxair you’ll join 27,000 talented and diverse people in more than 50 countries, working to make a difference in the world and make our company successful. Our people work on challenging and meaningful projects and are trusted to take on responsibility early in their careers. Their contributions are valuable to our company, our customers, our communities and our shareholders. Explore our site and learn how your talent can make an impact at Praxair: www.praxair.ca.
We are currently recruiting for our Lacombe [Prentiss], AB Plant for an:
AIR SEPARATION PROCESS OPERATOR
The function of this job is to operate the Air Separation Plant as per designated work processes, utilizing air separation/cryogenic process knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. You will be able to work in a novel team environment where individuals often set priorities and complete work activities with minimal supervision. Successful candidates must be able to work 12 hour, rotating shifts.
- Follow operating discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Operate and field check process equipment, monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems.
- Utilize multiple and complex plant computer control systems.
- Use troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
- Perform process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines to maintain equipment reliability.
- Use process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and Operating Discipline.
- Coach and train others on plant operations.
- Other duties as required by the Supervisor.
Advantages of working for Praxair!
Global stability and possible opportunities to work in various areas throughout Praxair
- Learning environment with an Education Assistance Program.
- Continuous learning opportunities provided.
- Competitive salaries and vacation.
- Comprehensive flexible benefits, including health and dental; pension plan; group RRSP.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Partnership discounted rates.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Power and Process Operations Certificate (SAIT) or an equivalent program completion OR at least 3-5 years of experience in a Process Operations role.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate preferred. Must have 5th Class within 18 months of hire.
- Previous experience in a continuous chemical process environment is an asset.
- Must have good computer and technical skills in order to learn how to operate both manual and highly automated process equipment.
- Must have the ability to understand, analyze, and resolve technical problems.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands of the job:
- Lift 25kg,
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed spaces.
- Be able to wear all required personal protective equipment.
Enjoy a great future with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and an opportunity for career growth.
Praxair has an extensive background check process which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background review, pre-employment medical, driver's license and abstract review, and may also include reference checks, employment and education verification.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Praxair Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Explore our site and learn how your talent can make an impact at Praxair: www.praxair.ca.