JOB WOULD BE IN DAYTON NJ FOR 1 YEAR THEN ALLENTOWN PA
Position is Responsible for maintaining all converting equipment to minimize downtime.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Practice safe work habits at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to parallel all rolls, make all required settings and adjustments for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products.
- Demonstrate ability to teach other maintenance classifications in all qualification requirements and proper maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot programmable controllers and troubleshoot and repair all A/C and D/C drives and their control systems use.
- Electrical knowledge and experience is a must
- Demonstrate ability to use all aspects of the maintenance SAP software program.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule maintenance work, assign work to other maintenance classifications according to their abilities and limitations.
- Follow up all work in order to insure repairs and work are performed properly.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
- Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly, and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts.
- Help maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Requirements EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Why Work Here?Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 7,000 highly skilled green collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by harvesting the urban forest. Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays. Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Grow with Us! We care about our people - our greatest assets!