Installing and maintaining equipment, performing preventative maintenance and repairs, and applying knowledge in a variety of skilled trade areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs, maintains, and repairs machines and equipment in plants and related facilities.
• Performs a variety of preventative maintenance on parts, pumps, motors, die cutter machines, hydraulic systems, conveyors, steam systems, and related plant and facility equipment.
• Reads, reviews, and applies blueprints, schematics, and operating manuals to fix, repair, and maintain equipment.
• Performs a variety of maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, basic carpentry, electrical, electronics, welding, and other skilled trades as appropriate or applicable.
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and machinery in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of parts, machines and equipment.
• Accurately completes work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties.
• Assists with plant inspections and related facilities for mechanical and equipment problems, reviews and examines areas, and determines appropriate action(s).
• Ensures compliance with Pratt operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations; may require the employee to wear safety equipment or gear.
• Assists with maintaining a clean and safe working environment and may perform various janitorial or housekeeping tasks.
• Works flexible hours and shifts; including weekend work.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Two years of experience within a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. Apprenticeship or Associates degree is preferred.
• Electrical and mechanical experience a must;
• Applying general maintenance and repair principles and practices;
• Operating a variety of hand, power and power equipment;
• Reading and applying blueprints, schematics, and other information;
• Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled-trades areas;
• Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures;
• Basic PC skills;
• Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction;
• Must have good performance work history and excellent attendance history;
• Must be self-motivated;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Pratt Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D