Pratt Industries is America’s 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 7,000 highly skilled employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than a dozen states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by “harvesting the urban forest”.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Dependent Care FSA, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.pratthrcentral.com/apply.php?position=10041900013316
• Oversees and is responsible for all aspects of machine operation and the suitability for sale of all items produced during his/her assigned hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Follow and ensure that crew members adhere to all applicable safe work policies & procedures.
• Maintain a safe & clean work area.
• Ensure the proper mechanical set up and running of the machine.
• Ensure that all orders produced are completed according to specifications provided.
• Maintain acceptable production rates.
• Complete all paper work and data entry as required.
• Assist in the training of crew members & replacement operators.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to perform a complete mechanical set up
• Must be able to accurately register the machine
• Must be able to operate the feed, print , die cutting and delivery sections of the machine
• Must be able to maintain ink pH & viscosity at workable levels
• Must have a reasonable knowledge of current Production Software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
• High School Diploma or higher preferred, but not required
LANGUAGE SKILLS -
• Needs a working understanding of both written & spoken English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS –
• Must be able to read & use a non metric measuring tape
• Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to bend and lift 70 lbs. without assistance
• Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously for prolonged periods.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods
• Able to climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work space is not climate controlled and can reach both hot and cold extremes (30 degrees – 110 degrees Fahrenheit)