Pratt is America's 5th largest corrugated packaging company and the world's largest, privately-held 100% recycled paper and packaging company, with more than 7000 highly-skilled, green-collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability.
We are seeking a smart, motivated HR Intern to work with our Human Resources department for 32-40 hours/week, Monday – Friday.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This is a temporary paid internship.
Primary Essential Functions
• Assist in recruiting efforts: working with hiring managers on job descriptions, identifying and pre-screening candidates (phone screens) to determine good job and company fit, presenting candidates to hiring manager for review, scheduling interviews and providing candidate updates.
• Track pre-employment process (backgrounds, drug screens, physicals, etc.)
• Facilitate New Hire Orientations
Other functions and responsibilities as needed
• Maintain and update employee personnel files and medical files.
• Assist new hires with on-line benefit Administration
• Comply with company policies and procedures
• Additional duties as assigned by management and Division HR Manager
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year general office experience
• A friendly, professional image and demeanor.
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, Google for Business (Google Drive, Gmail, Sheets)
• Excellent phone voice and demeanor
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
• Current or recent enrollment in an undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources
• Previous HR internship experience
• Basic knowledge of human resources recruiting/on-boarding functions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google for Business (Google Drive, Gmail, Sheets)
• Must have strong work ethics: ability to work with confidential information.
• Must be self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel)
Proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans