General Production Operator
Pratt Industries, a world leading corrugated box manufacturing company, seeks machine operators, machine assistants/helpers, general labor and forklift drivers at the Rockwall, Texas facility.
Candidates must be willing to work any shift. Flexibility is required regarding changing of position, shift, overtime, etc.
Candidates must also have experience and/or willingness/ability to operate and/or learn a variety of machinery including forklift equipment.
Qualified candidates will have a high school degree (or GED) and experience working in a manufacturing facility is highly preferred.
Must be able to successfully pass a physical, drug screen and background check.
- Following directions under limited supervision
- Ability to learn manufacturing principles and practices;
- Performing basic mathematical calculations and read a tape measure;
- Lifting and loading materials;
- Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures;
- Basic PC skills;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
Employees holding this position will be subject to periodic training which will be assessed through internal audits.
- Exemplary safety performance
- Good performance/work history
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent organizational skills
- Workplace orderliness, housekeeping
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
The company assesses applicants on standards for performance, stability, dependability, and honesty.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans