Patient Access Representative / Communication Specialist
Prairie Ridge Health Columbus, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Prairie Ridge Health is looking for a team member to join our Registration/Communications Department in the role of Patient Access Representative/Communications Specialist. These positions are PRN (as needed) and is for night, pm, and weekend shifts primarily. Both roles are one of the first points of contact for PRH and will be expected to demonstrate a high level of customer service.....
Patient Access Representative
The Patient Access Representative (PAR) is responsible for facilitating a welcome and easy access to Prairie Ridge Health (PRH). The PAR is one of the first points of contact at PRH and is expected to demonstrate a high level of customer service. The PAR is responsible for obtaining and recording accurate and complete demographics and payer information upon patient registration or admission to the facility. Other responsibilities include verifying insurance eligibility, collecting deposit requirements, and other clerical duties. Position will also complete other special projects and tasks as assigned by the Patient Access Manager.
This position serves as the initial hospital contact for telephone and two-way radio calls received via the Voice-over IP (VoIP) Attendant Console, TDD telephone, Lifeline, and ambulance radio. The Communications Operator is responsible for routing telephone calls and facilitating communication with staff and the general public in emergent and non-emergent situations. THIS POSITION SERVES AS THE PRIMARY SOURCE OF COORDINATING INFORMATION IN DISASTER SITUATIONS. This position is able to operate a variety of equipment proficiently including the Attendant Console, overhead paging system, (emergency) telephone, TDD phone, ambulance radio, and microcomputer equipment. During periods of off-peak activity this position is responsible for obtaining and recording necessary information for patient registration or admission to the facility; and, for preparation and data entry of department charges. The Communications Operator communicates with the public regularly to provide information and directions upon request.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Six months hospital experience in the areas of registration and/or patient accounts or experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in order to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, medical office staff, visitors and other CCH employees.
- Basic word processing proficiency required. This includes the ability to: generate basic memos; utilize form letters; and, generate professional-appearing notices and e-mails.
- Previous knowledge of health insurance products and benefits preferred.
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (or other spreadsheet software) preferred. This includes the ability to: create and utilize daily and monthly logs; create summary reports; insert simple formulas; and, manipulate the design and appearance of worksheets.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, assertiveness in requesting payments and exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous experience with multiple phone lines preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work both independently with minimal direction, as well as a team member.
- Must be flexible in work hours.
- Must have previous experience in a customer service oriented position.
Shift: Nights, PMs, Weekends. (also various other shifts)
FTE: PRN (as needed)
Powered by JazzHR
Prairie Ridge Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Prairie Ridge Health