Slag Plant Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Provides leadership, planning, scheduling, while coordinating plant activities to minimize downtime, makes efficient use of resources to meet production and efficiency by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Understands the importance and logistics of Marine and Roadway and ensures compliance with Maritime Rules & Regulations. EPA guidelines a must to ensure no contamination to Waterways or Local Municipalizes. Ensures the quality of Cementous Materials meets or exceeds guidelines designated by the company.
Key Job Functions:
- Review and coordinate the master production schedule and assignment of work orders. Establish priorities for specific customer orders. Ensure pick up and drop off of material is scheduled in an orderly and compliant manner
- Provide leadership to department employees by directing, coaching, supporting, and delegating, as required. Contacts temporary agencies for temporary employees as needed. Provide a safe work environment for all employees in compliance with company policy and regulatory bodies.
- Revise schedules according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines, and equipment. Meet production and efficiency goals while maintaining housekeeping standards. Determine course of action to control or eliminate problems. Participate in root cause analysis of equipment stops and productivity. Promote action plan to solve the cause of the problem(s).
- Confer with department management to determine progress of work and provide information on changes in processing methods. Communicate and coordinate with Sales and Logistics departments, production schedules, quality, production volumes, boat schedules, etc.
- Develop and distribute written job procedures for repetitive tasks with a keen focus on operational excellence including TPM, safety, environment and good housekeeping.
- Compile reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failures of machines and equipment, apprise production-planning personnel of production delays. Maintain inventory of materials and parts needed to complete production.
- Promote environmental awareness and assures that equipment is operated in alignment with plant safety and environmental goals. Ensure that all employees are aware and comply with rules, regulations, and laws. Promote safe work practices and provide resources to assure that equipment is operated in a safe manner.
Education: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge: Directly supervise employees in the Plant operation. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic understanding and working knowledge of industrial safety and environment practices together with performance management systems for diverse production operations. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Prairie Material