SUMMARY: The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures while delivering on the Eduro Healthcare Values of wellness, compassion, customer experience and company results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Adherence to Policies
· Must show courtesy and respect to other employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, the general public, etc.
· Abide by Eduro HealthCare’s drug and alcohol policy.
· Maintain good personal hygiene and dress and groom appropriately, this includes wearing a hairnet.
· Report on time as scheduled and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be flexible and willing to cover shifts for other employees, shift work will be required.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service sessions.
- Become thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures.
- Must be able to perform duties in a timely fashion, and within the prescribed sequences and schedules.
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision and develop awareness for and a willingness to perform other tasks, as needed, without supervision.
· Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
· Follow all established safety precautions when operating equipment, and report hazardous and defective equipment or conditions to your supervisor.
· Must be cooperative with other departments and be courteous and respectful in dealing with them at all times.
· Participate in and respond professionally to surveys (inspections) conducted by government agencies.
· Respect all resident rights, including the confidentiality of resident care information.
· Report immediately to the Administrator and to the proper legal authorities if you have reason to believe a resident has been physically, emotionally, or sexually abused, or been a victim of theft of their personal property.
· Ensure that food preparation and service is in accordance with accepted state and administrative policies and within budgetary allowances.
· Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when operating equipment, and report hazardous and defective equipment or conditions to your supervisor.
· Must ensure that safety precautions, sanitary regulations, infection control, and universal precautions are followed during daily work assignments.
· Must show personal initiative in seasoning food, estimating food requirements, utilizing left-overs and presenting food in an attractive and palatable manner.
· Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, cheerfulness, enthusiasm, and love, giving the resident the quality of service you would want to receive personally. Reflect the four core values of Eduro Healthcare.
Food Preparation, Delivery and Cleaning Responsibilities
· Ensure that safety precautions, life safety, and infection control policies and procedures are followed during the daily work assignments.
· Prepare food as assigned and assist cook as needed, assuring that food is handled and stored using proper procedures. Gain knowledge of diets and menus.
· Serve meals, clear the main dining room, and wipe tables.
· Wash dishes and equipment and thoroughly clean work area.
· Make sure tray preparation follows prescribed menus and resident likes and dislikes are honored when possible.
· Prepare and distribute snacks to the nursing department as needed.
· Stock storeroom and bring stock out, as needed.
· Takeout trash; sweep and mop floors in the main dining room, kitchen, and pantry; wipe pantry shelves; scrub baseboards and walls as needed; clean appliances, equipment, freezers, etc; always leave the kitchen clean and orderly.
· Invite and arrange for families to eat with their related resident periodically.
· Clean and sanitize all carts, wash and put away dishes, and take out garbage and recycling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Experience working with geriatric patients is preferred and may be required
- Previous cooking experience is required.
- Must be able to prepare food that is nutritionally balanced, attractive and delicious.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English sufficiently to perform required duties.
· Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
· Bi-lingual skills welcome
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Must complete orientation required by company policy.
· Must complete health screening and TB test within two weeks of employment.
· Must complete mandatory drug test upon hire.
- Must be free of criminal activity proven by a criminal background check.
· Must become familiar with and comply with all local, state, and federal regulations relating to the job.
· Must show, within three (3) days of hire, satisfactory evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
· Must have a current Food Handler’s Permit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
· Frequently move about the facility and transport food and supplies up to 50 pounds.
· Frequently distinguish flavors while preparing nutritious and appetizing meals for residents.
· Must be able to rapidly assist in the evacuation of all residents from the building in case of emergency.
Must be able to operate the following equipment: Blender, mixer, slicer, steam table, oven, grill, microwave, can opener, dishwasher, food processor, toaster, knives, stove, coffee maker, juice machine, ice machine, mops, carts, broom, refrigerator, and freezer.
· Employee must be able to withstand extreme temperature changes present in the kitchen.
· Must have a willingness to perform simple, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
· Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
· May be subject to illness, diseases, and other health conditions present in the facility. Must be able to work with and have an understanding of hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Eduro Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.