Drives truck over established route to deliver and sell products or render services, collects money from customers, and makes change by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to deliver milk or ice cream products to customer’s place of business.
- Collects money from customers, makes change if needed, and records transactions on customer receipts.
- Keeps stock on truck rotated properly by date.
- Reports all store openings, closings, and name changes.
- Records sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery report.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Places stock on shelves or racks. Rotates stock as needed by date.
- Collects or picks up empty cases or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside and outside of truck. Plugs refrigeration unit into outlet on dairy grounds when day is completed.
- Performs all duties in a safe way. Makes routine daily safety check of vehicle.
- Reports all vehicle collisions or incidents to supervisor, immediately.
- Must follow all customer plan-o-grams.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED diploma. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as price changes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to treat customers courteously and responsively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A or B CDL, DOT 2 year Medical Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift a minimum of 25 pounds lift and/or move 100 pounds up to 1850 pounds with a floor jack lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The visual requirements are needed in order to be D.O.T. qualified to drive.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Acknowledgement: I acknowledge that I have read and understand the requirements as described in the above job description. I can perform the essential job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.