Driver - Route CDL Class A
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Route Driver
Location: Fort Wayne
Prairie Farms Dairy, Fort Wayne operates as a dairy manufacturing plant and distribution center that covers the whole state of IN and some of the surrounding states. We make dairy products that are then distributed to retail outlets, warehouses, hospitals, correctional facilities, retirement homes, food service warehouses, schools and colleges throughout Indiana.
We are looking for strong customer service, self-motivated, career minded individuals to join our Fort Wayne, IN Distribution TEAM. This position will allow you to be home every night! It’s local travel.
Compensation & Schedule:
- Weekly Pay.
- Hours may vary depending on schedule and route
- Great benefits including a Thrift Plan (operates like a 401k). Benefits received after 60 days of employment with the company.
- Load and unload Dairy products for customer delivery
- Drive semi-truck or straight truck to assigned customers on route
- Push, pull or lift product from cases, pallets or bossies
- Keep customers and truck inventory properly rotated and in stock at all times
- Build strong customer relationships
- Effectively utilize time available to achieve results through prioritizing demands
- Follow DOT requirements
- Perform daily safety checks of vehicle and maintain a clean environment
- Work within safety and regulatory company policies
- Follows all company policies and procedures regarding GMPs, SOPs and Quality standards
- Maintains an air of professionalism and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates problem solving and decision making ability, as needed
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Holds a CDL A + 6 months of experience minimum.
- Will consider someone who is just out of Driving school and has their CDL A.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, or feel
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- The visual requirements are needed in order to be DOT qualified to drive
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements as needed by DOT qualifications
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed moving mechanical parts and forklifts
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet / humid / extreme cold conditions (non-weather)
- The noise level in the work environment may be loud
Prairie Farms, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time.
Swing position, will help cover vacations and shifts that are open.
Shift may vary between 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift
Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
AddressFort Wayne, IN
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.