VR Office Assistant
- Expired: January 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: Social Services
Supervisor: VR Manager
Location: 11400 158th Road Mayetta, KS 66509
Pay Range: $14.18 - $26.18
- Offering rate will vary within the listed hourly range above. *Supported by the Department budget & related experience/education*
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for preference.
- Benefits for Full-Time: Weekly pay periods, Holiday pay, paid Birthday leave, Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave, Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available, Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching program.
Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or HR@pbpnation.org
Provides administrative support and direct client contact for the PBPN Vocational Rehabilitation Program. Gathers documentation to establish eligibility for VR services to any tribal member of a federally recognized tribe. This program is a traditional healing and prevention model.
- Interview tribal members. Assesses VR applications and follows-up on documentation and verification of information to determine eligibility for the VR program. Answers and/or returns telephone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists with report development for the US Department of Education and the PBPN Finance department
- Assists with purchase order processing and use of the program credit card for VR clients.
- Sets appointments for clients.
- Maintains office files.
- Develops knowledge of community resources and networking to assist VR clients.
- Maintains data system to identify and follow-up on individual plans: employment, training and education.
- Maintains client statistics. Assists with conducting audits for effectiveness and contract compliance.
- Informs and consults frequently with the VR Program Manager regarding program development, program activities, issues and concerns.
- Participates in training and professional development activities.
- Participates as a team member in working toward empowering individuals with disabilities by maximizing their employment opportunities, economic self-sufficiency, independence and inclusion and integration into society.
- Transports VR clients to appointments
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other agencies; as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Less than one year of computer skills and Human Services experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable with the Nation's insurance
- Must possess the ability to maintain an effective working relationship with employee, vendors, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation and other agencies.
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and appearance.
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally and in writing a service-orientated approach, sometimes in stressful circumstances.
- Must be reliable, punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment.
- One to three years of computer skills and Human Service Experience
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline-oriented environment
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to enhance job performance and knowledge.
- Daily vicarious exposure to other's physical and emotional trauma experiences can have severe and lasting effects on workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 20 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
BusinessView all jobs at Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation