Seasonal Groundskeeper - Maintenance Dept.
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Mayetta, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supervisor: Landscape Supervisor
Location: 16267 Q Road Mayetta, KS 66509
Pay Range: $12.23 - $22.56
1 Contract Position Available
- Offering rate will vary within the listed hourly range above. *Supported by the Department budget & related experience/education*
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for preference.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00a-3:30p
Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or HR@pbpnation.org
The main objective of this position will be to assist in the duties of lawn care maintenance for the Reservation.
- Mows grass in park and around all Tribal buildings including assisting Housing with elder homes and some properties.
- Cuts / splits / loads/ fire wood and deliver to elders homes
- Trims and edges around sidewalks and walls.
- Prunes shrubs. Trims and waters trees.
- Maintains lawn equipment.
- Removes fallen branches. Rakes leaves.
- Cleans the grounds and removes litter on a regular basis.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls and walks whenever necessary.
- Provides manual labor to other building Maintenance projects as assigned
- Operates chainsaw and other necessary equipment
- Drive truck and pull trailers for equipment
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other agencies; as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must at least meet minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED or current student.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and be insurable with the Nations insurance.
- One to two years of experience in Landscaping.
- Ability to safely operate all equipment used.
- Experience in construction and wood carpentry work.
- Must be available to work the assigned schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00A-3:30P and flexible as needed to meet demands of the department.
- Must be reliable, punctual and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and appearance.
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally and in writing.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment.
- High School diploma, GED with Vocational Training.
- Two to five years of experience in Landscaping.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented environment
- Attend safety meeting as held by department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Typical hazards associated with activity taking place at the Building Maintenance Department including working around equipment and exposure to some chemicals such as lubricants and harsh cleaners, fumes, dirt and dust.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
POST OFFER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
Real EstateView all jobs at Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation