Director of IT
Prairie Band Casino & Resort Topeka, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Information Technology plans, directs and manages the IT Department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient computer operations to meet current and future strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Provides planning, consultation and advisory services on system development to casino departments and management.
· Plans and controls departmental staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the casino.
· Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management’s information needs.
· Oversees planning and implementation of all business information systems, such as sales, customer operations, and internal communications.
· Directs the information strategy based on forecasting information from Senior Management; explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementation.
· Identifies user needs and directs the building of MIS teams to work across all levels of the organization.
· Ensures all computer system backups are performed according to schedule; ensures that all application/operating software is licensed and used in accordance with the License Agreement for each.
· Assists and administers disaster preparation or disaster recovery, when needed.
· Establishes IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
· Directs and administers the department’s budget within budgetary guidelines to contribute to the cost-effective operation of the casino; strategic and tactical planning; business process re-engineering and database system strategy.
· Monitors compliance with casino internal controls, Tribal Gaming Agency regulations, State Compact requirements, and NIGC MICS for IT operations.
· Selects, develops, and motivates qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
· 10+ years’ of IT management and interrelated business processes in a LAN environment, demonstrating a progression in complexity and scope in a professional business environment, preferably in a point-of-sale and gaming systems environment
· 7+ years’ of progressive management experience
· Bachelors of Administration or Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related field
· Advanced knowledge of computer information and organizational technology systems, implementation, and processes.
· Advanced project management, team leadership, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
· Experience in multi-year systems development responsibility utilizing state-of-the-art technologies that include, web, SOA, workflow, ERP/CRM, client server, and middleware technologies.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
· Experienced in the management of both physical and logical information security systems.
· Strong technical skills (application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, TCP/IP, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, etc.).
· Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently.
· Excellent documentation skills.
· Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers or Team Members.
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
· Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; design software; internet software; and electronic database health records systems.
· A record of satisfactory performance and reliability in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
· Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
• Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations
• Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to push and lift weight up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to tolerate areas with secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust
• Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
Indian Preference Exercised
Prairie Band Casino & Resort reserves the right to make changes to the above job descriptions whenever necessary. As part of Prairie Band Casino & Resort’s hiring process, candidates will be required to go through a due diligence process to validate their application information and suitability, prior to an employment offer being extended. This process may include, but is not limited to: reviewing employment applications or resumes, performing pre-employment testing and background investigations, conducting interviews and reference checks, and checking licensing and certification.
Find More Ways To Love Your Job at Prairie Band Casino & Resort!
At Prairie Band, we cultivate our future leaders from within! Of the 100+ members of leadership, over 80% have been promoted internally. IGNITE your career with us!
Prairie Band Casino & ResortWhy Work Here?
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage for you and/or your family, Profit Sharing Bonus, Employer 401(K) match, Generous paid time off!
Owned by the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, the Prairie Band Casino and Resort is located just 15 minutes north of Topeka, Kansas. Find More Ways To Love Your Job at Prairie Band Casino & Resort! At Prairie Band, we cultivate our future leaders from within! Of the 100+ members of leadership, over 80% have been promoted internally. IGNITE your career with us!
12305 150th RoadTopeka, KS