Director of Process Engineering
Prairie Aquatech Volga, SD
- Posted: 28 days ago
Prairie AquaTech is a technology company based in Brookings, South Dakota that is improving animal health and nutrition by providing high quality feed ingredients and the solutions they enable. Using patented technologies licensed on a worldwide, exclusive basis from South Dakota State University and developed internally, the Company is upgrading plant-based commodities, such as soybean meal and distillers' grain, to sustainable, high quality ingredients and their applications for use in aquaculture and other specialty animal feeds. Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring typical process engineering functions including mass balance analysis, investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems, liaising with installations/project engineers and operations, ensuring that equipment works to its specifications and to appropriate capacities, among other process engineering responsibilities.
- Work in collaboration with Prairie AquaTech Manufacturing / Operations to optimize the Seed Train and Fermentation unit operations that are critical to consistent product quality and impactful process efficiency / cost of goods produced. Ensuring effective in process control for efficient and consistent commercial scale fermentation to support Domestic and Global Dossier requirements.
- Collaborate with Analytical Science and Quality to ensure the appropriate internalization of methods to quantify the risk of microbial contamination and mitigation of any risks associate with it.
- Future responsibilities will include having responsibility for the creation and optimization of the company's technology platforms for Microbiology and Fermentation to ensure that new technologies can be transferred seamlessly and efficiently at commercial plant scale to the Manufacturing / Operations team.
- May lead R&D collaborations with funding agencies/organizations and external suppliers of new technologies that will enable transformative intellectual property and operations needed for product and co-products manufacture to be effectively integrated into Prairie AquaTech's commercial scale facilities.
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, preferred, but not required. Preferred candidates will have training and experience in Molecular Biotechnology or experience with fermentation of genetically enhanced microbial production hosts. Formal training in an engineering discipline is desired.
- Five + years' experience in industrial microbiology / fermentation and demonstrated proficiency in creating and maintaining high sterility production environments along with commercially relevant production rate and product yields. Preferred candidates will have experience with fermentation processes using major agricultural raw materials
- Strong Data Science skills with experience in industry standard toolboxes for data visualization / interpretation, modeling for process efficiency while maintaining or enhancing product quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated capabilities to serve as an impactful presenter to internal and external facing audiences on behalf of the company
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including those requiring multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills: managerial experience is desired.
- Ability to be flexible and take on challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Job Location: Brookings, SD and Volga, SD (Part-time remote may be considered.)
Compensation: Annual Base Salary and Annual, Performance-Based Bonus. Signing Bonus to defray relocation costs commensurate with skills and capabilities. Health, 401K retirement, and continuing education benefit programs are included.
Job Location: Brookings, SD and Volga, SD
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at Prairie Aquatech