Position Type: Full Time Reports To: Software Team Lead Compensation: Commensurate on Experience
Position Location: Ogden, UT
The Powerteq software engineer will be responsible for performing desktop software development, cloud services, other applications in a .NET environment, and mobile application development, as well as assisting in the maintenance of current enterprise level software suites. The software engineer will also be responsible for developing customer-facing products, required to perform updates to calibration management software and sustaining maintenance to new and existing databases. The engineer must also work with the hardware and firmware engineering team, Customer Service, Marketing, and IT departments to ensure all stakeholders’ needs are well represented.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Previous mobile app development for both Android and iOS (Xamarin, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of web development & html /ASP.net
- Understanding of web services SOAP/REST
- Knowledge of relational (SQL) and schema-less/non-relational (NoSQL) databases and their tools
- PC Software: MS Visual Studio
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team environment
- Quick learner of new concepts and frameworks
- Work with Department Leads to create design plans and requirements
- Use Agile software development practices to build and test our products
- Break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Qualifications & Experience:
- Drive. Has a good track record of taking and is willing to get hands dirty and make sure the job gets done
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of software design experience.
- Strong skills in C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Software Design Patterns, and other application programming skills
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, and/or SQLite databases
- Understanding of Software Development Techniques including: Refactoring, Lambda expressions and closures, Entity Framework, Exposure to NoSQL, preferably MongoDB or DocumentDB, UI software design paradigms (MVC, MVVM)
- Understanding of Software principles and design patterns including: Singleton, Mediator, Chain of Responsibility, Façade, Observer, et al., SOLID principles, Single responsibility, Open/closed, Liskov substitution, Interface segregation, Dependency inversion
- Usage of Source Control Tools: Subversion, Git
- Desktop and WPF application development experience a plus
· Learn and use automotive communication standards. (XCP, CAN, J1850 VPW & PWM) a plus
- Strong XML skills a plus
- A passion for automotive performance is a plus.