- Posted: over a month ago
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of duties related to the serving of meals to patients, employees, and visitors.
Duties and Responsabilities:
The Food Service Aide is responsible for adhering to the highest standard of customer service.
Maintain establish departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and environmental standards.
Performs all food service related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, patients, visitors and hospital staff.
Maintains sanitary environment by completing the following:
- Clean refrigerator and stock floor pantries on assigned nursing units.
- Washing pots and pans with ware washing machines.
- Wash dishes, silverware trays, ect. utilizing ware washing machine
- Assemble, operate and disassemble ware washing machine.
- Sanitize equipment used in the preparation or service of food.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition.
- Assist in providing a safe work environment by sweeping or mopping as needed.
- Collect, transport, and place trash in compactor/dumpster as needed.
Facilitate a high level of food service by doing the following:
- Distribute and obtain patient menus from floors, assisting patient in food selections as needed; document diet changes.
- Count and label patient menus; prepare paperwork required to calculate amount of foods needed for meals.
- Prepare salads, garnishes and Jello; wash fruit and vegetables; prepare trays for special dinners, assemble sandwiches, pies, cakes, and deserts; mixed beverages such as milkshakes and eggnog.
- Prepare food trays and ice water to patients.
- Distribute food trays and ice water to patients.
- Retrieve eaten food trays from patients, recording food and fluid intakes.
- Distribute between meal nourishment to patients.
- Operate ADT and CBORD diet office management computer system to receive or send patient information.
- Portion and serve food to employees and visitors.
- Set up, deliver and serve at special catering functions.
- Grill or Fry food items for employees and visitors.
- Replenish refrigerators and storage areas obtaining items from stockroom.
- Transport food carts as needed.
- Assist with inventory and stocking duties.
Food Service Aides must work to create a constantly improving and safe environment by doing the following:
Participating in job- related growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops.
Participating in a quality improvement team.
In case of fire or other internal disasters, assists in evacuating ambulatory patients and residents to exits.
Performs all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
- At least two verifiable job references working for companies or institutions with a reputation for customer service excellence
- Excellent work history with outstanding attendance
- Must be able to interact directly with patient and guests, job requires high visibility. Must exhibit a consistently high level of customer service.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level, which allows the safe and efficient performance of the job.
- Must pass physical examination as required by Powerlink, which includes a drug screen and Tuberculoisis screen.
- Must provide proof of legal status to work.
- After initial training, demonstrate ability to utilize supplies, tools, and equipment properly including but not limited to: telephone, digital scanning devices, and digital paging devices.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and/or squat a minimum of 50 pounds, able to stand and walk 90% of work period and able to walk stairs negotiate uneven surfaces.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards, and behaviors.
- Must practice the customer service skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
- Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to team concept
- Demonstrate team work, initiative and willingness to learn
- Possess interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Be willing to instruct others, and
- Be open to how learning experiences
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in patient care area environment, which may include exposure to communicable disease, unpleasant odors, acute patient conditions, potential exposure to infection and hazardous gases.
- Prolonged standing walking and lifting of supplies and equipment.
- All other related duties as assigned
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressCharlotte Hall, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Powerlink
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?