AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect
This position requires US Citizenship
• The ideal candidate shall have experience developing, integrating, and implementing Cloud based Data Lake and Data Analytics solutions using native AWS PaaS services (e.g. SageMaker, RedShift, Athena, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, Comprehend, Rekognition, Snowball, Kinesis Data Stream, Glue, QuickSight, etc.)
• Within this context this engineer shall have experience developing conceptual, logical and physical cloud solutions that support enterprise level Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-aService (PaaS) mode of operation.
• Good understanding of the security architectural requirements for multi-tenant environments, leveraging capabilities such as AWS KMS, IAM and S3 to encrypt and secure data.
• Proven experience developing automated business and application workflows through captured and identified business, system and solution level requirements, constraints, risks and assumptions.
• Experience in implementing a large scale multi-tenant Data Analytics Cloud environment and automating/orchestrating workflows, to include host, operating systems, networking, storage, application, security, access management, self-service and costing, is a great plus.
• Identify & define technical requirements to build new AWS-based application as well as migrate onprem applications to AWS leveraging cloud native services
• Deploy using Cloud Formations and\or Terraform: EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM, Security Groups, VPC, Route53, Subnets, Routing Tables, and Internet Gateways, and certificates.
• Ability to configure and deploy auto scaling groups.
• Support and advise on application assessment, migration, and modernization
• Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP Addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls
• Must have experience in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders
• Proven expertise in the implementation of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI)
• Experience with automation services including AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
• The CSSE must be a certified AWS Solution Architect-Associate with 3 or more years of hands-on experience designing, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems on AWS using, deploying and managing computing, networking, storage and database AWS Services.
• The CSSE must have an understanding of the AWS Global Infrastructure, Network Technologies and Security tools & features that AWS provides.
• The CSSE must have familiarity with AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), CloudFormation (CF) & Terraform templates, Windows & Linux environments, and the AWS Management Console.
• Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
• Well versed in Amazon Web Services cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
• Working knowledge of and preferably certified in AWS Cloud, RHEL, Ansible, Terraform, SCCM AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect 2
• Working experience with a few of the AWS services such as include Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, EKS, ECS, RedShift, Batch, Managed Kafka (MSK), Elastic Search, Amazon Athena, AWS Step Functions, AWS Glue, etc.
• Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
• Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
• Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability
• Share leading practices with internal team members and clients
• Collaborate with larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals
• Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams
• Experience configuring and deploying Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) clusters using Cloud Formations or Terraform
• Experience using Ansible for automation
• Experience with DevOps\SecOps
• 6+ years experience with DevOps toolsets including Ansible, Terraform, and AWS Cloud Formation automation, etc.
• Experience working iteratively in a fast-paced agile environment
• Ability to present design solutions to various stakeholders
• Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
• Strong analytical problem solving ability
• Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies
• Available to support production environment
• Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies and tools
• Experience with Linux Administration
• Experience with Security Control and Authority to Operate (ATO) certification process is a plus
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets is a plus
Soft Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be able to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner
• Must have a solid technical background coupled with the desire and ability to grasp skills quickly
• Deep attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Powerhouse Institute Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Powerhouse Institute Inc