The basic functions of the Estimator is to conduct window covering estimation and initial project coordination to ensure that all material is properly identified for order, and logged in correctly. To coordinate schedules, meet deadlines, and ease the flow of information within the operations department. To be the main point of contact for all initial window coverings related concerns. To assist the operation manager with any special projects, plan markups, reports, presentations, or research that may be required.
The Estimator reports directly to the Operations manager.
The Operations manager will coordinate all training required for this position.
• Required: High School graduate
• Preferred: College degree AA or BA/BS
Minimum: Two years’ experience in an estimator role.
Preferred: Two years or more in a job coordinating and estimating function in the electrical, general construction or similar industry.
• Fast-paced environment requiring flexibility, adaptability and resilience in a wide variety of work situations.
• Nature of business results in many tight or continually changing deadlines.
• General office environment, with low to medium noise, low to medium heat and cold, and low to medium dust levels.
• Body Positions: Standing and sitting
• Body Movements: Walking, stooping and bending
• Sensory Abilities: Sighted, voiced, and hearing. Close, color and peripheral vision with the ability to adjust eye focus
• Lifting: Low- up to 10 lbs
• Reasonable accommodations to fulfill the essential task for this positions
will be made for individuals with disabilities
Knowledge & Skills: Estimation and take off functional skills required. The use of analytical and observational skills which demonstrate an ability to compile reports and interact with clients in sometimes stressful situations. Must have a working knowledge of Shades Calculating Tools (SCT), QuickBooks, Microsoft office, and Adobe.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including:
§ Fluent in English: Speaking, Understanding, Reading and Writing.
§ Ability to discuss financial and business matters.
§ Ability to understand Profit and loss and speak to it by project.
§ Ability to analyze project execution data and adjust estimating forecast details for future projects.
§ Ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints and floor plans, project specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Industry-specific, including: Project management & coordination, familiarity with the construction industry, and related terminology is desirable.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office specifically Outlook preferred.
• Understanding of general office procedures.
• Ability to be flexible and understand the needs of the business often dictate the need for immediate change.
• Working knowledge of Spanish is desirable, but not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Customer service:
§ Read and organize emails; categorize and respond/take action, as needed for all shade related matters.
§ Interface with clients to identify needs and talk through estimation and ordering processes as needed.
§ Follow up to close out quotes and receive information on quote status.
§ Start all project quickbooks files for billing process.
§ Manage estimation deadlines and resource level projects by priority as set by the operations manager (Estimate lead time: 3 days)
§ Estimate window covering jobs provided by sales and field teams.
§ Perform project take-offs from plans or job notes.
§ Generate Shade Calculating Tool (SCT) quote or request from vendors
§ Log invitations to bid (ITB) into Quickbooks.
§ Ensure all estimates are accurate.
§ Gather all required information to complete estimates on time.
§ Show initiative in information gathering to ensure completion.
§ Submit all estimates to operations manager for approval.
§ Generate change orders as required for approved contracts.
§ Follow up on a daily basis for all unanswered submitted quotes.
§ Process all shading quotes that become approved estimates.
§ Create job files for each project
§ Update statuses on Quickbooks
§ Provide initial project package to Operation Manager for distribution to field, office, and accounting.
• Progress Meetings
§ Meet with sales, operations and field teams for data collection.
§ Review all current job statuses and new projects.
§ Review quote declines and forward to sales to communicate with clients.
§ Provide weekly tracking data to operations manager for status meetings.
· Current estimates working
· Quotes released
· Quotes approved
· Quotes denied
· Value of approvals
• Project Coordination
§ Provide data gap needs to field manager for scheduling.
§ Discuss specifics with technician regarding approved scopes as needed.
§ Order fabric samples for final selections.
§ Submit product specifications when requested.
§ Provide information to operations manager for scheduling shade installation on approved jobs.
§ Review and solve any technical project issues that may arise
§ Close out and archive jobs once completed.
§ Meet with walk in clients as needed and when available