An Operations Manager at Powerex is a key leadership position in the organization. Powerex serves many sectors including rail, mining, defense and aviation companies. In this role, the candidate is responsible for plant operations in a high-power semiconductor solutions factory. Factory operations in Youngwood include a wide variety of manufacturing processes.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all plant activities and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Fostering a well-trained and motivated staff, the Operations Manager will lead or direct all manufacturing employees using established plant policies and procedures to drive Powerex towards a zero accident, zero defect culture.
· Must possess strong technical and manufacturing skills
· Lead and or Direct all employees in maintaining a clean and safe plant using practices such as 5S
· Ensure plant policies and procedures align with the current factory mission and are congruent with company certifications such as AS9100
· Responsible for plant production goals and driving acceptance and compliance with stated goals
· Improve company approach to New Product Development in order to maximize opportunities, streamline existing processes, and drive discipline in the Stage-Gate Project Management process
· Lead and direct all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
· Drive performance management
· Responsible for product quality control, process yield, throughput, and productivity
· Overall responsibility for day to day operation and oversight of the entire facility
· Support sales and marketing team to address customer issues and expand sales
· Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
· Develop and implement cost savings and continuous improvement activities to lower operational costs via known good methods such as Lean Manufacturing
· Must have Board presence and possess strong communication skills
· Must be able to drive new solutions in the post-Covid era that solve old problems
· Other duties as assigned
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
· Lead and direct Operations Directors, Equipment Services Manager, and the Quality Team
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Technical Field Required
· Masters degree a plus
· Minimum 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Must have experience leading a Unionized work force
· Minimum 5 years experience in Operations Management
· Must have some documented experience in leading factory transformation work
· Must possess strong data mining skills
· Travel is expected as required, but travel in this position is very light
Powerex, IncPowerex is a leading supplier of discrete devices, modules and integrated high power semiconductor solutions. Its broad product line includes IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors), HVIGBTs, IPMs (Intelligent Power Modules), rectifiers, thyristors, custom power modules and assemblies.