Electrical Project Manager (Commercial)
The Project Manager is responsible for effectively overseeing and performing the construction of one large and/or multiple smaller scale projects. Projects may be mechanical or multi-disciplined projects in accordance with the established construction budget to ensure customer satisfaction and manage the quality of installation. He/she is responsible for managing the handling of material and labor to ensure timely and smooth-running project(s). He/she is responsible to assist in the training Project Supervisors, Project Foremen and Technicians and to set an example of excellence in work and attitude that will favorably affect all personnel on the project.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills):
- Minimum of a High school diploma or GED is required.
- PMP certification (preferred).
- 5 years’ experience relevant electrical project management and estimating experience.
- 5 years’ experience of electrical work.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.).
- Willingness to travel extensively (80%) to project sites for extended periods of time.
- OSHA 30 (if you do not have a valid certification, we will make arrangements for you to obtain the required training).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of national electrical codes.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Create, maintain, and follow a construction schedule assigning appropriate personnel to complete the project on schedule and within budget.
- Determine and advise as appropriate on all local laws concerning items such as landfills, carting companies, local mechanical codes and permitting.
- Ensure safety practices are followed and the work is performed in a safe productive manner.
- Possess the ability to efficiently manage multiple energy efficiency projects concurrently.
- Prepare and deliver performance evaluations for project foremen and technicians; when appropriate, discipline, train, and/or counsel assigned personnel.
- Maintain effective communications at all levels; to include internal and external resources. This will include timely updates to clients, PowerSecure Executives, sub-contractors, agents of code enforcement/permitting, engineers, architects, and employees across various trades.
- Manage subcontractors per contractually requirements, both internally and onsite.
- Manage a clean and safe work site, cleaning construction areas at the end of the day, proper recycling procedures, and waste disposal in accordance with local ordinances.
- Walk project sites after starting installation to identify any specialized equipment required and account for work scheduled accordingly.
- Verify the correctness and quality of the work being performed, ensure it fulfills or exceeds customer expectations.
- Accurately monitor, track, and maintain records/reporting of all materials utilized and remaining.
- Maintain accurate documentation and ensure deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Must be prepared to procure storage facilities for project materials and equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Climbing (ladders), kneeling, reaching, balancing, lifting (up to 40 pounds regularly), working overhead.
May be required to stand for extended periods of time and negotiate uneven terrain.
Environment can vary greatly including indoors and outdoors in various climates including conditioned and unconditioned spaces.
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers.
Join Our Power Team!
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO- personal and sick days)
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
PowerSecure is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. This position is not open to third party recruiters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
PowerSecure, Inc.Washington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.