Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring timely internal and external customer service by monitoring and coordinating all aspects of establishing service and disconnection of services for temporary electrical meter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to read and comprehend construction site map and street maps.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and software programs to schedule various aspects of tracking the status of Temporary Meters.
- Utilizes computer skills.
- Researching and locating various customer and associate inquiries.
- Ensures that Production associates receive notification of schedule changes or schedule revisions.
- Missing information
- Failed inspections
- Meter corrections
- Customer cancellations.
- Responds to radio requests and inquiries from field and production associates and provides technical or other assistance as required.
- Maintains daily updates of all in-house field tickets with relevance to Temporary Meters.
- Coordinates work information between Field Services and customer contact personnel to minimize customer service problems.
- Coordinates with Customer Service regarding customer inquiries and provides information and assistance to customers in a professional, courteous, and effective manner..
- Troubleshooting knowledge to deal with advanced and basic trouble calls as necessary.
- Makes customer callbacks and/or pre-appointment calls.
- Clarify tasks to be performed prior to appointment by production team, and field personnel.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date records of meter status in order to ensure effective customer service.
- Memos to Production and Sales Associates.
- Identifies, investigates, tracks, notifies and escalates service disruptions due to meters, or issues that should arise due to concerns with temporary meter.
- Prepares and assigns field service routes, with communication with the production Manager, for the Field Service Technicians for necessary meter correction and/or meter tie-ins/Hot checks.
- Generating Check Requests for the obligatory payments to the Cities and Counties in which permits are pulled for Temporary Meters.
- Scheduling Core drill for those meter sources that need to be drilled to expose necessary components for the meter installation.
- Generating Quote, if not included in Original Quote.
- Schedule Disconnections
- Investigate the address and/or meter number for a particular temporary meter.
- Call Public Utility that handles the meter and schedule the removal of the meter and service lines.
- Once removal order has been created, call municipalities to verify that the meter and service lines have been removed.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive & confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact & diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate efficiency with associates and clients.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofreading materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast –paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. Experience in office systems and organization as well as other applicable technical specialties.
1. High School Diploma/GED.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets the English language as it relates to the workplace.
- Maintaining accurate and updated notes on system.
- Remaining knowledgeable about active jobs
- Taking responsibility for tasks assigned
- Serves as a primary support, in relationship to meter; to customers, responds to calls and resolving installation or service-disruption issues.
- Maintains and monitors the daily scheduling of installation from the production team, inspections with various City/County Building and Safety Departments, set up Applications/fees for various Public Utilities.