As a member of our office management team, employee will assist president in office operations and procedures in order to streamline office efficiency. Core responsibility to be in preparing payroll, invoicing customers, accepting and documenting deliveries, cost coding orders into accounting system, and organizing and filing paperwork. Position reports directly to the President of the company, located in Annapolis, MD.
What PowerMeans can expect from you:
- To organize and file various communications of vendors, suppliers and employees
- To maintain timelines in a fast-paced office environment
- To keep management informed of essential communications from customers and employees
- To be results driven
- To provide innovative ideas and processes to ensure continued company growth and development
What you can expect from PowerMeans:
- Numerous opportunities to advance in company
- A culture that encourages open communication, free from bureaucracy
- Continued training and development in office management field
- Recognition and compensation for achievement of goals
Essential Job Functions:
- Download and cost code company expenses into accounting software; provide reports as required by executive team in order to assess project profitability.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Interact closely with internal teams to ensure project needs and objectives are understood and met
- Organize and file contract documentation to include purchase orders, submittals, transmittals, contract status updates, RFIs and payment applications
- Estimate change orders for assigned projects, when necessary
- Manage project close out procedures, to include close out documentation and internal project review to determine areas for future improvement
- Conduct job cost analysis to determine overall project profitability
- Strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture; Demonstrate understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and mission of PowerMeans Contracting
- Successful at thinking quickly and independently, relying on critical thinking, personal judgement and experience to make decisions and accomplish tasks
- 3 years successful office management experience
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency using various software applications (Quickbooks, MS Office Suite)
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in tracking budget expenses
PowerMeans Electrical Contracting Inc
Why Work Here?PowerMeans is a leading electrical contractor in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan region, providing the highest quality electrical services at affordable rates. Serving both residential and commercial markets, our goal is to build and foster lasting relationships with employees and customers alike, through unparalleled performance and innovation!
Awesome team, great benefits, and numerous opportunities for growth!