EMS/SCADA Engineer - Remote Option
- Posted: over a month ago
At PSC we're helping power a more sustainable world. Our global team of electricity experts have been tackling the thorniest problems for some of the most prominent industry players for over 25 years. By empowering people to make a difference and do the right thing, we help our clients and employees innovate and thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
As a SCADA/EMS Engineer, you will work with our clients on the update and maintenance tasks of complex real-time Energy Management Systems. You will be tasked daily to develop approaches for maintaining the system operation, patching systems, upgrading applications and versions of the client real-time platforms. You will work in a team of professionals at the client site to ensure all systems are functional and new deployments meet the clients’ functional requirements.
Please note: our offices are in Kirkland, WA while our clients are all over. This role can be based throughout North America and/or Canada.
- Various real-time system configurations, modeling and testing
- Documenting configuration and testing as appropriate
- Understanding the system architecture as to provide appropriate input on performance and maintenance needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Power Systems Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of EMS/SCADA experience
- Hands–on experience with an EMS vendor system (GE, Siemens, ABB, Schneider, OSI)
- Experience with SQL based RDBMS databases
- Excellent computer skills, including Windows server, Windows desktops, and Linux
- Proficiency with EMS modeling tools (SCADA, Network, Generation) and display building tools
- Experience with Factory or Site Acceptance Testing
- Proficiency with server hardware, virtualization, and networking
- Master’s degree in Power Systems Engineering Studies
- Proficiency with virtualization
- Experience with EMS domains (SCADA, Generation, Network, Dispatcher Training Simulator) and applications (Historians, Alarms, Mapboard, Load Shed, Outage Scheduler, Variable Line Rating, OAG, RTNET, VAST, PSSE and historians)
- Experience integrating complex software systems
- Operator Experience
- Expertise with Distributed Energy Resources / DERMS
- Performing or creating training programs
- Proven experience in problem analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation for energy management systems
- Utility operational technology project and support experience and mindset
- Basic understanding of the day-to-day operations of a power utility control room
- Working knowledge of maintaining IT infrastructure that supports real-time critical business systems
- An understanding that IT/OT infrastructure only exists to serve a functional purpose for end-users
- Strong ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical and complex information
- Ability to travel 25% within North America (and globally as needed)
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 40 lbs
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily required to sit or stand at work station while operating computer, phone, and other office equipment. The employee is required to communicate: speak, write, type and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Competitive salary and benefits package!
- Opportunity to join a very solid and growing global organization!
- Join a highly collaborative worldwide team of professionals!
- Be a part of a team that drives the industry forward!
- Became part of a team that values people, giving them the opportunity to develop their career direction!
PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Power Systems Consultants
AddressHolly Springs, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?