Region Lead Electrical Engineer
Power System Engineering, Inc. Brandon, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has an immediate opening for a Regional Lead System Engineer in its Sioux Falls, SD office. PSE is growing, and we are looking to add to our team of forward-thinking and energetic individuals who share common values and a mission of helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals. Our new team members will have significant opportunities to interact with Clients, be exposed to exciting projects, and build a Regional office all while being surrounded by a network of supportive colleagues. Responsibilities include managing Client relationships, providing day-to-day technical operations support, performing engineering studies, making decisions on staffing needs, and being an enthusiastic member of our team. Further details of responsibilities, ideal qualities, and working conditions will be made available upon request.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to Client needs. PSE is a growing employee-owned engineering firm that fosters a team environment and offers a competitive salary and benefit package
The role of Regional Lead System Engineer has the responsibility of maximizing client relationships in the assigned region as well as providing leadership and mentorship to professional colleagues, consisting of both direct and indirect reports. It is also the responsibility of the role to maintain an average utilization rate of 65%, or greater, by providing professional services to electric utility clients in areas of subject matter expertise.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on client needs and company direction.
1. On behalf of all PSE practice areas, manage the relationship of assigned electric utility clients within the region.
2. On behalf of all PSE practice areas, develop new electric utility client relationships in the region. Assist with business development activities including marketing visits to prospective clients in South Dakota, Western Minnesota, North Dakota, and Iowa.
3. Strategically hire and staff a team of professionals and support staff as needed. Provide leadership (both direct and indirect reports) and direct efforts in providing a wide range of engineering, planning, design and technical consulting services to PSE’s electric utility clients in the region.
4. Manage client relationships, provide client support in areas of technical competencies, and coordinate client support by other PSE colleagues outside of technical competencies.
Title: System Engineer
Date: July 24, 2020
5. Proactively communicate with clients on a regular basis to assure PSE is meeting their needs.
6. With the support of PSE colleagues, provide day-to-day technical operations support to clients including, but not limited to, switching procedures, motor starting analysis, equipment sizing and specifications, system maintenance, relay and control setting, and power quality investigations.
7. With the support of PSE colleagues, perform utility studies including by not limited to long-rage plans, construction work plans, distributed energy resource system impact studies, protection/sectionalizing, arc flash, power factor correction, and system reliability.
8. With the support of PSE colleagues, perform engineering economic analysis of client projects and annual operations and maintenance expenses.
9. Work in a cooperative fashion with PSE colleagues to maximize client support offerings.
The following are minimum requirements for this position.
1. The candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the electric power industry preferred.
2. The candidate must have an active professional engineer license and be capable of becoming licensed in South Dakota and other states.
3. The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in power system planning and operations.
4. High level of interpersonal, problem solving, leadership and organizational skills.
5. Possess the ability to achieve quality results, be change-oriented, foster innovation, and be a continuous learner.
6. Possess the ability to continually identify and recommend process and/or system improvements to facilitate efficiencies.
7. Exceptional communication skills
8. Works well on teams and individually
9. Working knowledge of the NESC, RUS, ANSI, and applicable IEEE standards 10. Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
1. Normal office conditions
2. Work from home when needed
3. Travel to Client locations as needed
We are forward-thinking professionals helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals.
To learn more about PSE, please visit our website: http://www.powersystem.org/
Power System Engineering, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Power System Engineering, Inc.