Lead Electrical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has an immediate opening for a Lead System Engineer in Sioux Falls SD or Bismarck, ND. PSE is growing, and we are looking to add to our team of forward-thinking and energetic individuals who share common values and a mission of helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals. The role of Lead System Engineer has the responsibility of maximizing client relationships in the assigned region as well as providing leadership and mentorship to professional colleagues, consisting of both direct and indirect reports. It is also the responsibility of the role to maintain an average utilization rate of 65% or greater by providing professional services to electric utility clients in areas of subject matter expertise.
- Develop power delivery plans for short- and long-term planning of electric utility distribution systems.
- Perform coordination/sectionalizing studies and provide recommendations for improved sectionalizing schemes.
- Provide day-to-day technical operation support to clients, including, but not limited to, developing switching procedures, motor starting analysis, equipment sizing and specifications, system maintenance, relay, and control setting, and power quality investigations.
- Prepare miscellaneous utility studies including, but not limited to, distributed energy resource system impact studies, arc flash hazard analysis, power factor correction, and system reliability.
- With the support of PSE colleagues, perform engineering economic analysis of client projects and annual operations and maintenance expenses.
- On behalf of all PSE practice areas, manage the relationship of assigned electric utility clients within the region.
- On behalf of all PSE practice areas, develop new electric utility client relationships in the region. Assist with business development activities, including marketing visits to prospective clients in South Dakota, Western Minnesota, North Dakota, and Iowa.
- Strategically hire and staff a team of professionals and support staff as needed. Provide leadership (both direct and indirect reports) and direct efforts in providing a wide range of engineering, planning, design, and technical consulting services to PSE’s electric utility clients in the region.
- Manage client relationships, provide client support in areas of technical competencies, and coordinate client support by other PSE colleagues outside of technical competencies.
- The candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the electric power industry preferred.
- The candidate must have an active professional engineer license and be capable of becoming licensed in North Dakota, South Dakota, and other states.
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in power system planning and operations.
- High level of interpersonal, problem solving, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to achieve quality results, be change-oriented, foster innovation, and be a continuous learner.
- Possess the ability to continually identify and recommend process and/or system improvements to facilitate efficiencies.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Works well on teams and individually
- Experience with Milsoft, CYME, Synergi Electric, or other similar engineering analysis tool.
- Working knowledge of the NESC, RUS, ANSI, and applicable IEEE standards
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We are forward-thinking professionals helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals.
To learn more about PSE, please visit our website: http://www.powersystem.org/
Power System Engineering, Inc.
AddressSioux City, IA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Power System Engineering, Inc.
Get fresh Power System Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.