Engineering Technician-Line Design
Power System Engineering, Inc. Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is an exciting time to join Power System Engineering (PSE). We have been partnering with electric utility, energy, agriculture, and industrial clients for over 40 years providing innovative engineering and consulting services and solutions As an industry leader, PSE fosters a culture focused on our employees and clients, forward-thinking, innovation, integrity, and safety which drives the growth and success of our company, and supports our clients in managing their power grid, water supply, gas systems, and communications networks more effectively.
PSE is looking for a full-time enthusiastic Engineering Technician-Line Design to join our highly collaborative team. PSE offers an excellent benefit package which includes bonuses, paid time off, 401(k), health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
This individual will be responsible for using proven design standards and applicable codes to exceed client expectations while designing and field staking overhead and underground distribution and sub-transmission power lines. Projects may also include: easement negotiation and filing, tree-trimming negotiation and recording, railroad and highway permit filing, GPS data collection, ground line surveys, and any other duties that would be required to successfully fulfill requirements outlined by colleagues and clients.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be altered based on the business needs of the company.
- Work on-site at various utilities performing line design and field staking services. Overnight travel is required on a regular basis.
- Successfully design power lines in accordance with applicable codes and pre-determined design standards. Perform necessary calculations to verify that the design is in compliance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Develop design documentation such as staking sheets, plan and profiles, material lists, and material specifications. Maintain appropriate documentation of designs.
- Work with various line design & staking computer applications including Partnersoft – Field Designer, Powel – StakeOut, AutoCad, Sag 10, and in-house MS Excel spreadsheet calculations.
- Ability to respond to construction crew design questions, provide support to clients, and inspect construction.
- Ability to prepare material lists, review material specifications and apply appropriately to the design.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of line worker training school (preferred, but not required).
- Line worker experience and knowledge of electrical distribution systems (preferred, but not required).
- Field survey experience (preferred, but not required)
- Land acquisition experience (preferred, but not required)
- Working knowledge of computer software tools including MS Word and MS Excel (required).
Technical Competencies: Possess basic knowledge of algebra to complete strength and loading calculations. Applicant MUST be able to learn new design software. Successful applicant must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job such as long hours of travel and frequent work in the field, including GPS data collection and basic surveying, including measurements of distances, angles, and elevations across all types of terrain and weather conditions.
PSE Competencies: Possess ability to learn new skills from experienced designers, achieve quality results, be change-oriented, use effective communication skills, be customer-driven, foster innovation, be a continuous learner, and display teamwork behavior.
Coaching Competencies: Possess ability to continually identify and recommend process and/or system improvements to facilitate efficiencies in line design.
Field work and overnight travel is required. Reimbursable expenses include meals, lodging, and mileage. Training is provided by PSE employees and/or by enrollment in seminars and continuing education courses. PSE is committed to providing successful applicant with the tools and skills to be successful.
Power System Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We are forward-thinking professionals helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals.
To learn more about PSE, please visit our website: http://www.powersystem.org/
Power System Engineering, Inc.
Founded in 1974, Power System Engineering (PSE) has been providing professional engineering and consulting services for more than 40 years. Serving the electric utility, energy, agricultural and industrial sectors throughout North America, we are making a difference by uniting innovative solutions with proven approaches that bridge today’s framework to tomorrow’s comprehensive infrastructure and platform required for a stronger economy, a sustainable future, and a better way of life. Our team consists of engineers, economists, consultants, analysts, and technicians who share the values of client relationships, colleagues, integrity, opportunity, safety, and community. We are forward-thinking professionals helping clients and colleagues achieve their goals. To learn more about PSE, please visit our website: http://www.powersystem.org/
EngineeringView all jobs at Power System Engineering, Inc.