Enterprise Contact Center (ECC) Access Operations Contact Center (AOCC) handles a high-volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, faxes and other communication with patients, providers, clinic staff, and others needing to access health care services at one or multiple departments/clinics. The Access Operations Contact Center staff within the ECC is responsible for providing an excellent patient and customer experience by efficiently coordinating services and accurately answering or properly referring inquiries.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level or the area(s) to which assigned, but may include (and not be limited to) the following:
• Responds to a high-volume of incoming telephone calls and referrals
• Assists patients in registering and canceling appointments
• Accurately documents and routes calls to the proper department
• Identifies urgent customer needs or operational issues, and escalates appropriately
• Efficiently navigates medical records and ensures patient information is up-to-date and accurately entered in the correct location
• Meets all regulatory and compliance standards
• Delivers high-level of customer service
• Follows documented protocols and guidelines
• Meets and exceeds departmental quality assurance standards
• Uses reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding SHC services
• Uses functionality of the telephone system as required
• Other departmental duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Six-months of customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Type 40 words per minute
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
• Effectively listen to resolve patient' s/customers inquiries
• Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
• Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data
• Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
• Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
• Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities