Senior Engineer, Data Integration (Remote in USA)
- Expired: June 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its three flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors' renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with nearly 200 GWof wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more atpowerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Power Factors is seeking for a Senior Engineer, Data Integration in the Engineering Technical Solutions and Operations (TS&O) department to complete our team. As a member of the TS&O department and reporting to the Director of Technical Solutions, you will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between our product and our customers' needs. This is an exciting opportunity to help our customers integrate and adapt their existing business systems, processes, and use cases with our Drive Platform.
This role serves as a technical leader: you will develop, implement, and manage technical solutions related to specific internal and external business needs. You will also work alongside a small team of engineers and data analysts.
The primary focus of this role is business-to-business data integration solutions, which may include new and unique API integrations, specialized reports using BOLD, SSRS and other BI visualizations, development of tools, processes, and much more.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Managing strategic technical projects as required by the evolving needs of the organization
- Developing and maintaining the tools, standards, specifications, and other resources needed to support the overall implementation and technical support workflows
- Helping customers integrate and adapt their existing business systems and processed with our Drive Platform
- Engage with our customers as part of the definition and execution of custom solutions, data integrations and custom reports and visualizations
- Create and maintain ETL pipelines
- Develop and maintain custom reports and visualizations
- Coordinating with the Product, Development, Implementation, and Sales organizations to ensure the implementation of the technical solutions
- Incorporating best practices aligned with the product roadmap and technology considerations
- Design, develop, and implement tools and applications for the Technical Solutions Helpdesk team to support the maintenance of the technical solutions
- Independently take a project from idea to functional application
- Identify, propose, and actively participate in process improvement and other projects as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or engineering with programming expertise
- Minimum of 5 years industry related experience
- Previous working experience in project management, schedule management, risk management, issue resolution
- High degree of accountability, execution, and planning
- Effective communication with broad range of team members and stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem solver
- Demonstrated experience in data integration using ETL tools such as SQL, Data Factory, APIs, and others
- Experience with various reporting tools and data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, etc.
- Understanding of complex data analytics in tabular models and reports
- Understanding of the renewables industry, power systems and system performance and operations is essential to this role
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS data integration systems and services
- Experience with data systems, data acquisition and SCADA is preferred
- Work management experience using Jira or similar Kanban board application
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company - big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies.We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results.Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose-you will help us fight climate change with every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field-we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere-we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace-it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) -besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Get fresh Senior Human Factors Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.