Powell Recovery Center delivers high quality, innovative addictions and dual recovery treatment, including treatment on demand, for public health clients in Baltimore City for the last 30 years. In addition to treatment, we put recovery within reach for public health clients by creating solutions for recovery housing and access to service.
We are seeking a Certified Addictions Counselor to join our team!
• 1-3 years of behavioral health experience.
• Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems.
• Establish treatment goals with clients.
• Conduct individual counseling and group sessions.
• Develop and implement individual treatment plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to accurately document information, complete written reports, and clinical records.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of medical terminology as related to
substance abuse and dependence.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
• Proficient in the use of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel, and other electronic applications.
• Highly motivated to make a difference to the community
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Must have one of the following certifications: ADT, CSC, CAC
• Health insurance
• Competitive salary
• Access to free CEUs
• On-site training
• Clinical supervision
• Job Type: Full-time