Food Pantry Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Time Position as Food Pantry Client Service Representative
hours will include Saturdays from 10am to 2pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday till 6PM (40 Hour work week)
SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for program participants of the Food Pantry, taking client food and/or voucher orders and ensuring clients eligibility for services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet food pantry clients in person or via telephone, email or text.
- Determines client file number, locates client file.
- Review file to determine eligibility, reviews any changes with program participant.
- If eligibility is up to date, assists program participant with healthy grocery order or voucher.
- Assists with item selection.
- Provides order to packers.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and TPC policy.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and voice and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Working closely with other departments as necessary to maintain client update.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining a calm atmosphere.
- Must be willing to be of assistance to those in need.
- Organize and track all voucher receipts.
- Accurately completes data entry necessary.
- Assist with all grant requirements.
- Receive customers who arrive without appointments or walk-in.
- Schedules appointments, any call returned before the end of each business day.
- Maintains Provide Enterprise file up to date with client changes documented.
- Participates in quality improvement measures in collaboration with the agency or funder.
- Signs in upon arrival to phone/email system, reviews messages, returns calls throughout each day.
- Assists with fundraising activities.
- Other Duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Verbal communication skills. Written communication skills. Strong Customer service skills. Knowledge of and Understands client eligibility/qualifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: This position requires High School or GED. Must be willing to be of assistance to those in need.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read/write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English. Bilingual preferred Spanish-English and/or Haitian-Creole-English).
Poverello offer Benefits after 90 day probations period of Medical, Dental, Vision, Shot term Disability, Critical Illness, and Voluntary Life Insurances. In addition there will Paid time off after accruals and major Holidays.
Poverello Center Inc
AddressWilton Manors, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Poverello Center Inc