Nuclear Intelligence Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
PotomacWave is looking for a Nuclear Intelligence Analyst to join our team supporting a Federal client in Washington, DC. The primary duty of the position involves producing and disseminating written technical intelligence products, providing customized briefings and assessments to senior policymakers, and interfacing with other members of the Intelligence Community and National Laboratories.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting all- source research and analysis to produce finished intelligence products for consumption by headquarters officials, field and laboratory experts, and US Intelligence Community (IC).
- Directly interface with senior officials and technical experts to produce customized intelligence products and briefings that draw upon analytic expertise and detailed knowledge of the global nuclear or radiological landscape. Inquire with other agency representatives to obtain clarification on reporting, as necessary and coordinate on interagency products.
- Directly interface with laboratory experts to develop technically sound and analytically rigorous assessments that draw upon the individual’s expertise and external intelligence reporting.
- Monitor intelligence and open source reporting for relevance to missions, providing initial assessments of reports in regards to established or developing threat streams.
- Maintain situational awareness of developing global and national events, informing IN and the broader community of items of interest or concern.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from within the agency and the broader intelligence communities regarding Intelligence Communities equities.
- Develop materials in support of briefings to senior personnel, as well as senior policy customers in the US government and the IC.
- Complete individual and team-based tasks from management in support of strategic missions, resulting in both draft and finished products.
- Attend interagency working group meetings related to mission focus
- A background and demonstrated experience in the analysis and evaluation of technical and scientific data or information related to nuclear policy, security or nonproliferation.
- Ability to internalize technical facts and reporting, spot issues, process data, develop well-reasoned and sophisticated intellectual arguments or conclusions, and clearly package or present these arguments orally and in writing.
- Strong grasp of international affairs and global nuclear or radiological security issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to perform in an outstanding manner and deliver high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- The ability to write, peer-review, and present a variety of recurring and special reports, messages, briefings, and information papers.
- Some proficiency working with large quantities of information and understanding of the basic science and engineering concepts associated with nuclear or radiological technologies.
- Proficiency with automated data processing capabilities and their uses including Microsoft Office applications.
- Position requires contractor to have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university college in a related discipline such as nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, international relations, or political science. Possession of a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- The selection of an individual for this position may be conditioned upon their successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Must have an active TS clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Race/Sex/Religion/Disability/Veteran Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Age.
Powered by JazzHR
ScienceView all jobs at PotomacWave Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?