We are seeking a detail-oriented, analytical accounts receivable specialist to join our accounting team. In this role, you will assist the accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods or services rendered. The person for this role should be a skilled, thorough researcher with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. The person who fills this role should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Working with the collections department to review accounts and client payment and credit history to develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use.
- Respond to customer emails and phone calls on a timely basis.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations related to Accounts Receivables.
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, general bookkeeping.
- Proficient in accounting principles.
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with accounting/bookkeeping software.
- TOPS and Caliber property management software preferred, however not required.
- Strong math skills.
- Accounts Receivable (AR) certification (not required)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (not required)
Potomac Valley Management LLC
Why Work Here?We are Community Management company who provides property management services to various condominium and homeowners’ associations as well as commercial rental communities in the Washington-Baltimore area.
Awesome professional management company.
Upper Marlboro, MD