Our New Chevy Chase location is seeking full-time Certified Medical Assistant. Proficient in EHR, phlebotomy, vital signs and administering injections. Experience with Pediatrics is a must. Must be motivated a team player and be able to multi task. Pre-employment drug test and PPD screening. Position requires ability to perform all Medical Assistant duties. Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Bilingual preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam rooms; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/physician assistants with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; obtaining prior authorizations; managing and updating medical records to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to PPA protocols; cleaning exam rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering and storing supplies; and restocking exam rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills clinical medical assisting responsibilities that vary according to state law, which may include medical/surgical asepsis, sterilization, instrument wrapping and autoclaving; checking vital signs or measurements; physical examination preparations; clinical pharmacology; drug administration through various routes including injections; prescription verifications with physician’s orders; minor surgery assists including surgical tray set-up pre/post surgical care, applying dressings, and suture removal; biohazard waste disposal and monitoring; therapeutic modalities; instructing patients with assistive devices, body mechanics, and home care; laboratory procedures including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines; quality control methods; CLIA-waived testing; capillary punctures and venipuncture; specimen handling such as urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum; electrocardiography,spirometry including mounting, emergency triage, and first aid. Medical assistants must adhere to the MA scope of practice in the laboratory.
- Ability to schedule appointments and sending messages via EHR and electronically through Patient Portal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college course in medical assisting.
Experience: Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office. Electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection current experience.