Fast-paced pediatric office seeking a full-time Call center representative:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handling high volume of telephone calls
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Sending electronic messages to doctors
- Providing excellent customer service
- Web-enabling & resetting patient portal accounts
- Participating in the daily maintenance of common office areas
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma with two (2) years’ experience in medical receptionist
- Experience in a medical call center atmosphere
- Knowledge of medical practices and insurance terminology
- Knowledge of EMR systems
- Skill in good written and oral communication skills
- Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer greater than 50% of the time.
- Must be able to converse with patients, their parents, and colleagues greater than 50% of the time.
- May be exposed to bodily fluids and must be able to participate in functions related to cleaning up the office if/when this occurs as per office protocol.
- Must be able to wear a headset greater than 50% of the time.
- Ability to learn job skills within specified training period
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff and the public effectively
- Ability to communicate in writing, over the telephone and in person with office staff, and patients
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
Equipment & Software Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones; eClinicalWorks (ECW), Excel, Word.
- Medical with Health Savings Account
- Discounted Gold's Gym Membership
- STD/LTD Insurance
Potomac Pediatrics believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of the practice. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities; therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor Potomac Pediatrics to the work identified. It is the practice’s expectation that each employee will aid whenever necessary to ensure the success of the practice’s endeavors.
The ideal candidate is outgoing, takes initiative to complete tasks, communicates well with parents, patients, and coworkers. Must have good chemistry with the office staff. Please apply by submitting your resume as a PDF attachment.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone screening.