Part Time Licensed Therapist - San Francisco, CA
You are an experienced clinician who has worked with a variety of clients ages 9 to 30 and their families who have a need to overcome behavioral and emotional challenges. You will work another experienced clinician. One of you will work with the family and the other will work with a client. This family system approach is essential to the healing process. You will schedule individual and family sessions. You will meet clients at school, at home, or their favorite spot in town. You will help clients and families manage real world challenges and solutions. You will need to have a flexible schedule to meet in weekly sessions and also to respond to real-time crises over the phone or in person.
Vive's clinicians are different than traditional therapists. You will need a Master's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling or marriage and family therapy. You will work as a life coach and mentor. You will be actively engaged in phone/text coaching and building strong relationships with clients for an accurate assessment of problem areas and needed skills, engaged in activities and support growth toward client and family goals, engage in therapy models, and help clients reduce problem systems and build a healthy life.
You will work as a clinician with the parents. You will be available to offer solutions and perspective when a challenge arises. You will be available via text or a phone call at any time. You will partner will another clinician who will work as a mentor for the young person or client. You will meet weekly or bi-weekly, two sessions in addition to regular calls and texts. Some of the activities that you may engage in will include: hiking or walking in town, filling out job applications, organizational support at school, practicing social skills, and talking about family, school, or school pressure. Regularly, you will coordinate with a clinician to have scheduled family meetings to discuss behavior issues that may arise with the family system.
What you'll love about us
- Meaningful work. You will have an opportunity to facilitate and create these changes while developing deep personal connections with clients and their families that will persist after completing the program which is on average 6 to 9 months.
- Team Environment. You will be part of a team who model true relational care for our clients and their families. You will join a team that is passionately committed to our clients and model that through extraordinary effort and love.
- Collaborative Team: You will have the opportunity to work with a very highly collaborative team who are experienced clinicians. Vive is a nationally organized program with eight regional teams spread out across the country.
- Personal growth and career development. New Haven has been a seedbed for career advancement. Many of the InnerChange leadership team came from leadership positions at InnerChange programs. We invest heavily in our leaders through internal trainings, outside education, and personal mentoring by industry veterans.
- Competitive hourly rate. You will be compensated for direct contact time, case management/administration time and drive/travel time.
- Flexible Schedule. You will have the opportunity to manage your own schedule to work 10 to 20 hours per week as long as the clients/family needs are met.
What we'll love about you
- This position requires strong experience working in the field of mental health with past positions in management. Master's degree is strongly preferred in the behavioral sciences or related degree. For example, marriage and family therapy (LMFT); social work (LCSW); clinical mental health counseling (LCMHC); or a related discipline.
- You will be a licensed mental health professional within the state of California.
- You will be required obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification.
- You must have a flexible schedule and ability to meet client and family scheduling needs which may include off-business hours, including after school, evenings, and/or weekends.
- You are a team player and work well with other clinicians.
- You are skilled at managing crises situations and offering solutions and perspective.
- You possess current knowledge of the laws regarding documentation, reporting, confidentiality, and licensing standards.
- You will need to have the flexibility to travel which includes driving to meetings with client and family homes.
Let's get to know each other
Please provide copy of your resume and a cover letter to https://vivefamilysupportprogram.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Vive Family Support Program is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro