Licensed Academic Instructor
Potomac Job Corps Center Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $53,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Potomac Job Corps Center is currently seeking talented, motivated and licensed Academic Instructors to provide educational services to our students, who are typically young adults aged 16-24 and pursuing alternative education and trade certifications. All instructors teach 5-6 classes a day to groups of between 10 and 18 students.
We are currently in need of professional educators in each of the following areas:
- High School
Advantages of Teaching at Potomac Job Corps Center:
- Contributing to the well-being of young men and women
- Self-Paced Curriculum, means a lot of individualized instruction
- No Parent-Teacher Conferences—Instructors directly communicate with all students regarding expectations and results
- Job Corps is a safe and secure environment with a no tolerance policy regarding drugs and violence
- Small class sizes—18 students or less!
About Potomac Job Corps Center:
The Potomac Job Corps Center is located in the southwest corner of the District of Columbia, just north of National Harbor on Interstate 295. Our mission is to train young adults (ages 16-24) from various walks of life and educational background to be productive, knowledgeable, and well-paid citizens. We provide training opportunities for young adults that include: high school diploma or GED completion, trade certifications (electrical, plumbing, pharmacy tech, and others), instruction in reading and writing proficiency, and driver’s education. The Job Corps program is funded by the Education and Training Office of the US Department of Labor.
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000
Benefits: 401K, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Related Field
- MUST BE A LICENSED/CERTIFIED TEACHER.
- REQUIRED: State Teaching License or Certification issued from either: Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia
- Computer proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Valid state driver’s license
- Previous experience teaching students high school age or older
- Previous experience working with inner city youth
- Previous experience with differentiation or individualized instruction
- Demonstrated commitment to student success
Potomac Job Corps CenterWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to enhance a positive learning environment that fosters civic, social, and economic experiences for students.
The Potomac Job Corp Center is located in southwest DC. This education center focus on training young adults from the ages of 16 to 24+ years. Our mission is to train our youth, from various life and educational backgrounds, to be productive and well paid citizens for their communities. We provide training opportunities for young adults free of charge that they cannot receive without this program. Job Corp is a funded program under Department of Labor- Education and Training. If you want to be a part of a great program and give to our youth, please apply!
1 DC Village LaneWashington, DC