Job Summary: Assists the Health and Wellness Manager in planning, implementing, and evaluating an efficient wellness program consistent with the students’ needs and Job Corps goals and objectives.
· Performs duties under the supervision of the Health and Wellness Manager.
· Responsible for ensuring doctor’s orders are followed in the Wellness Center and the care of all patients as prescribed.
· Maintains charts on all patients and compiles medical and dental records of terminated students.
· Notifies residential personnel of released patients.
· Maintains a record of all admissions and dismissals.
· Compiles various logs, records and reports; for example, wellness use, examinations and medication use.
· Maintains a record of all calls to on-call medical personnel.
· Dispenses prescribed medication.
· Assists with cursory examinations, sick call and wellness care.
· Serves as on-call nurse when schedules.
· Works to ensure performance management standards are met.
· Ensures that required property (equipment) controls are adhered to.
· Maintains current knowledge and certification in CPR and First Aid.
· Ensures that a clean and safe health facility is operated at all times.
· Monitors area of responsibility to ensure timely and high quality services.
· Works toward meeting performance management goals.
· Follow the CDSS Plan and Procedures daily.
· Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
· Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
· Models appropriate employability skills for dress, language and work habits.
· Continuously help students become more employable.
· Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination
· Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). Associates Degree preferred. Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Active, unrestricted license to practice in DC where the center is located. One year of related experience and valid state driver’s license required.
Potomac Job Corps Center
Why Work Here?The Potomac Job Corp Center is located in southwest DC. This education center focus on training young adults from the ages of 16 to 24+ years. Our mission is to train our youth, from various life and educational backgrounds, to be productive and well paid citizens for their communities. We provide training opportunities for young adults free of charge that they cannot receive without this program. Job Corp is a funded program under Department of Labor- Education and Training. If you want to be a part of a great program and give to our youth, please apply!
Great opportunity to enhance a positive learning environment that fosters civic, social, and economic experiences for students.