Potomac Job Corps Center—Washington DC
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000
Benefits: 401K, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
Employment Type: Full-Time
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Related Field
• State Teaching Certification issued from either: Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia
• Computer proficiency
• Strong communication skills
• Valid state driver’s license
• Previous experience teaching students high school age or older
• Previous experience working with inner city youth
• Previous experience with differentiation or individualized instruction
• Demonstrated commitment to student success
Job Corps is an alternative educational environment for young adults ages 16-24, seeking professional educators in each of the following areas:
• High School
All instructors teach 5-6 classes a day to groups of between 10 and 18 students.
About Potomac Job Corps Center:
The Potomac Job Corps Center is located in the southwest corner of the District of Columbia, just north of National Harbor on Interstate 295. Our mission is to train young adults (ages 16-24) from various walks of life and educational background to be productive, knowledgeable, and well-paid citizens. We provide training opportunities for young adults that include: high school diploma or GED completion, trade certifications (electrical, plumbing, pharmacy tech, and others), instruction in reading and writing proficiency, and driver’s education. The Job Corps program is funded by the Education and Training Office of the US Department of Labor.
Advantages of Teaching at Potomac Job Corps Center:
• Contributing to the well-being of young men and women
• Self-Paced Curriculum, means a lot of individualized instruction
• No Parent-Teacher Conferences—Instructors directly communicate with all students regarding expectations and results
• Job Corps is a safe and secure environment with a no tolerance policy regarding drugs and violence
• Small class sizes—18 students or less!