UI/UX Designer - Information Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you an experienced and civic-minded Information Architect? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to assist a federal agency client with transforming its digital approach.
We are seeking a full-time Information Architect to lead an existing digital transformation project for a federal client.
What you will do:
- Articulate and champion human-centered design methods and approaches, design thinking and service design
- Lead the design of service blueprints and optimized customer journeys
- Design and facilitate collaboration journeys.
- Define metrics for success and design systems to monitor journeys and identify future opportunities
- Establish strategies, and develop a roadmap forward that will result in positive, measurable outcomes
- Facilitate the integration of people, process, technology, and product
- Use design thinking principles to develop actionable insights blending quantitative and qualitative research
- Work with stakeholders to deliver outcomes that improve an organization’s ability to meet its business objectives and customer needs and expectations
- Determine the best methods, tools, collaboration approach and outputs based on identified explicit and latent needs
- Collaborate with product owner, content strategists, developers, etc to iteratively create design
- Participate in User Experience research and run A/B testing to better understand user behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Centered Design, Business, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as service designer
- Working experience in design thinking framework
- Experience conducting user research, from the planning stage through execution and translation into actionable insights
- Strong understanding of human-centered design strategies, methods, and approaches, and how to apply them
- Experience leading design activities for complex business solutions
- Ability to communicate functional capabilities of systems and applications through a service design lens, using layman’s terms
- Strong consultation and collaboration skills; comfortable facilitating meetings and workshops with cross-functional project teams
- Knowledge and proven experience of User research processes, User testing processes and creating UX deliverables
- Ability to pass and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- Experience working with federal government agencies or initiatives
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?