- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Potomac Behavioral Solutions (PBS) is recruiting applicants to join a multidisciplinary team comprised of medication prescribers, clinical psychologists, social workers, and nutritionists. Open since 2011, our site specializes in evidence-based treatments to include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP), and Maudsley Family Based Treatment (FBT). We strive to offer quality, evidence-based treatments with compassion and a commitment to excellence.
The position is ideally suited for candidates with a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in clinical psychology who graduated from an APA accredited program. We often accept post-doctoral candidates. An ideal applicant will have excellent clinical skills and research interests. Our program is actively collecting research and outcome data on all of our programming.
Clinicians will have an opportunity to conduct individual, group, and family therapy. Applicants should have ample experience treating eating, anxiety/OCD, mood, and personality disorders. The position is ideal for applicants with intermediate to advanced knowledge of CBT, exposure-based techniques, and DBT used in the treatment of anxiety, eating, and personality disorders. We also have psychological assessment opportunities and an individualized intensive program which allows clinicians to work with a team of other providers to effectively address a patient’s fear, anxiety, and/or effective skill building.
The National Capital Region offers something for everyone and is considered a top destination for tourism. Virginia has four seasons with moderate temperatures and boast many leisure activities including the arts, the outdoors, museums, and restaurants. For the outdoor lover, wineries and horse country are nearby day trips, along with hiking trails and water sports.
* Provide a minimum of 20 clinical contact hours, per week for child, adolescent and adult clients and their parents/family members/loved ones. This includes a combination of individual therapy, skills training, phone consultation, and other services as needed.
* Attend team meetings weekly
* Licensed in the state of Virginia or able to start the process immediately.
* Certified by DBT-Linehan Board of Certification or willing to pursue certification in the first 18 months of employment with PBS.
* Has training in evidence-based treatments (including intensive training, supervision, and/or study group).
* Motivated to provide therapy to clients with emotion dysregulation and/or high-risk behaviors.
* Works well in a team, providing and receiving consultation on a regular basis.
* Medical and dental insurance
* 401K retirement program with 3% match
* Stipend for external continuing education opportunities
* Opportunities for free, in-house continuing education credit
* Guaranteed salary starting at 120k with the opportunity to earn more
* Clients assigned based on interest, expertise, and desired professional development whenever possible
* Paid time off, and paid holidays available
* Clinical coverage for time off
* An intellectually rich, supportive work environment
* Opportunities to receive supervision, consultation, and advanced learning
* Opportunities to supervise and teach others
* Assistance in professional development
* Option to join our research team
* Option to attend additional educational opportunities
* Option to pursue leadership opportunities
* Very strong administrative support
* All billing and insurance interactions are done by our administrative staff
* Option to provide some services via telehealth as clinically appropriate
* 24/7 consultation available for time-sensitive clinical situations
* Updated, modern office space in the heart of Arlington, Virginia
* Opportunities to network
Our office is located at 1901 South Bell Street, Suite 1125, Arlington VA, 22202.
Potomac Behavioral Solutions
1901 S Bell St. Arlington VA 22202Arlington, VA
Get fresh Behavioral Psychologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.