Location: Anchorage, Alaska or Remote
Pls. apply online at: http://www.potawatomifs.com/careers
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employment Class: Full Time
Potawatomi Business Development Corp. (PBDC) is actively seeking a qualified Proposal Specialist who will perform two roles: Support Proposal Managers in planning and developing large, strategic proposals, and independently coordinate and manage development and preparation of small- to medium-sized proposals, when assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage all phases of the proposal development process on assigned proposals, from assignment to contract award.
• Exercise appropriate judgment and decision-making regarding proposal development, handling of classified or confidential information, and working with team members throughout the organization.
• Analyze and interpret RFPs and provide guidance to proposal team members, including Opportunity Lead, Pricing Manager, subject matter experts, and subcontractors, regarding deliverable requirements.
• Develop and manage proposal outline/compliance matrix and templates throughout the proposal development process; coordinate these items with the Pricing Manager and Opportunity Lead.
• Develop and manage proposal schedule, to include milestones and deadlines for writing, editing, pricing, review, production, and submission; enforce deadlines among proposal team.
• Assign development tasks to appropriate team members, which may include proposal staff, corporate and contract staff, subject matter experts, and subcontractors.
• Track proposal assignments; follow-up with team members through regular communication and status meetings.
• Perform comparison analysis between RFP and amendments.
• Develop proposal narrative based on interviews with subject matter experts, contract staff, and/or boilerplate documents.
• Perform detailed, comprehensive compliance analysis between RFP requirements and proposal deliverables.
• Format documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat according to RFP requirements and proposal format and styles.
• Edit documents for grammar, spelling, factual accuracy, and clarity according to style guides and standards.
• Coordinate and perform proposal production, including printing, copying, and binding proposals; and provide timely submission of all official proposal deliverables.
• Perform appropriate post-proposal submission duties to close-out the proposal, including archiving of boilerplate and past performance information.
• Provide other proposal support and Business Development writing, as assigned, including supporting the Proposal Manager as a volume lead or proposal writer, and developing marketing materials, such as responses to sources sought notices and requests for information.
• Other duties as assigned.
(Education, Experience, & Professional Association)
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing or related field; degree may be substituted by equivalent experience
• At least five (5) years of experience in a position requiring writing and editing
• At least two (2) years of experience in a position developing proposals, preferably for Federal Government customers
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word; beginning to intermediate proficiency in Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and on a team
• Strong professional and persuasive written/verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Excellent time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Work is performed primarily in an office setting. This job may involve walking, standing, bending, reaching, and handling of items weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Some travel may be required.
• Should be able to use common office machinery, such as computers, printers, and other proposal production machinery, and required Microsoft software.
• Work hours are primarily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but are subject to change, with weekend and/or holiday work as needed. May be required to work outside normal duty hours to accommodate proposal deadlines.
PBDC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.