Potawatomi Business Development Corp. - Federal Group Anchorage, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pls. apply online at: https://www.potawatomifs.com/careers
Division: Business Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt - Salaried
Employment Class: Regular Full Time
Potawatomi Business Development Corporation (PBDC) – Federal Group is seeking a qualified Proposal Manager who supports Business Development by responding to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), market survey requests, and providing other related support. The Proposal Manager provides overall leadership, oversight, and coordination in developing customer responses. The Proposal Manager is responsible for the entire proposal development process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all phases of the proposal development process, starting with proposal assignment to contract award.
- Exercise appropriate judgment and decision-making regarding proposal development, handling of classified or confidential information, and working with team members throughout the organization.
- Analyze and interpret RFPs and provide guidance to proposal team members, including BD and Capture Leads, Pricing Manager, volume leads, subject matter experts, and subcontractors, regarding deliverable requirements.
- Determine the appearance, format, style, and standards of the proposal during the proposal planning phase.
- Develop and manage proposal outline/compliance matrix and templates throughout the proposal development process; coordinate these items with the Pricing Manager and BD Lead.
- Develop and manage proposal schedule, to include milestones and deadlines for writing, editing, pricing, review, production, and submission; enforce deadlines among proposal team.
- Assign development tasks to appropriate team members, which may include proposal staff, corporate and contract staff, subject matter experts, and subcontractors.
- Clearly and regularly communicate proposal development strategies, plans, and expectations to all proposal team members.
- Track all proposal team writing, editing, pricing development, and graphics development.
- Lead regular strategy/status meetings to track proposal progress, determine action items, and develop concepts for proposal content; assign and follow-up on action items.
- Perform comparison analysis between RFP and amendments.
- Develop proposal narrative based on interviews with subject matter experts, contract staff, and/or boilerplate documents.
- Perform detailed, comprehensive compliance analysis between RFP requirements and proposal narrative and perform technical analysis of proposal narrative for company and proposal strategy.
- Format documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat according to RFP requirements and proposal format and styles.
- Edit documents for grammar, spelling, factual accuracy, and clarity according to standards.
- Coordinate and perform proposal production, including printing, copying, and binding proposals; and provide timely submission of all official proposal deliverables.
- Perform appropriate post-proposal submission duties to close-out the proposal, including archiving of boilerplate and past performance information.
- Provide other proposal support and Business Development writing, as assigned, including developing marketing materials, such as responses to sources sought notices and requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing or related field; degree may be substituted by equivalent experience
- At least five (5) years of experience working on all phases of large, multi-volume proposals to the federal government
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a position requiring writing and editing
- Immediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and on a team
- Strong professional and persuasive written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours when necessary to meet customer deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or proposal management software
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting. This job may involve walking, standing, bending, reaching, and handling of items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Light travel may be required.
- Should be able to use common office machinery, such as printers and other proposal production machinery, and required Microsoft software.
- Work hours are primarily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but are subject to change, with weekend and/or holiday work as needed. May be required to work outside normal duty hours to accommodate deadlines.
PBDC - Federal Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Potawatomi Business Development Corp. - Federal Group