- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perfusionist - San Diego, CA
Great opportunity to provide service to our veterans. Posterity Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Company looking for Certified Cardiothoracic Perfusionists for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
LOCATION: VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS), 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161
- Scheduling of services shall be on an on-call basis as needed.
- There is no minimum number of hours guaranteed.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including all national holidays.
- Shall be on site to set up heart-lung machine within one (1) hour of notification of the need for services.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES and SPECIFIC TASKS
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license in one of the 50 states in the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- Graduate of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- Performed a minimum of 1000 clinical cases.
- Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support (ACLS, BLS) as certified by the American Heart Association.
- Experience demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, autotransfusion, heart-lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping, and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
- Responsible for the preparation, operation, and maintenance of the heart and lung machines/pump, an intra-aortic balloon pump, and a centrifugal ventricular assist device.
- Cover the range of Perfusionist/Autotransfusion services as would be provided in a state-of-the-art civilian medical treatment facility, and the standard of care shall be of a quality, meeting or exceeding currently recognized national standards as established by: the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, The Joint Commission (TJC) and American Hospital Association (AHA).
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients, other Health Care Providers, and employees of the MTF.
- Required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
- Administrative duties agreeable to complete include mandatory VA and HIPPA trainings.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
Posterity Group, LLC
3350 La Jolla Village DriveSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Veteran Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.