An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group, LLC is seeking professional and experienced Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) with a helpful attitude to join a multidisciplinary team at the Department of Veterans Affairs Southeast Louisiana Veterans HCS.
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), the LPN functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team assisting with the delivery of care to patients in the outpatient primary care (PACT) setting. The primary purpose of this outpatient LPN clinic position is to provide a full range of services and nursing care to patients who present for or request assistance with a variety of mental, physical and/or behavior problems in the ambulatory care setting. The LPN is able to recognize and report abnormal symptoms, potential safety hazards and life-threatening emergencies and respond appropriately. As an active member of the multidisciplinary care team this nurse understands the importance of reporting and recording, in the patient's computerized medical record, the care provided, pertinent interaction(s) and communication(s) with patients, family members, professional and supportive personnel.
- Consistently provides nursing care and administers medications and treatments to patients with complex nursing problems with minimal guidance. Able to efficiently document in a computerized medical record.
- Independently uses the nursing process to plan and implement nursing care with minimal guidance.
- Effectively provides care for patients' needs related to their age and limitations. Provides lifestyle screening and health promotion through completion of clinical reminders as appropriate to unit. Independently manages competing priorities throughout the work day
- Effectively demonstrates responsible work habits that promote patient care and team functioning, with openness and flexibility.
- Accurately organizes work to complete assignments within the shift worked.
- Consistently and appropriately prioritizes patient care assignments. Able to effectively communicate during face to face or telephone encounters with patients and team members.
- Demonstrates ability to self-monitor skill set and knowledge base to identify need for improvement. Able to work as a team member.
- Serves as a preceptor/guides others in learning new skills, i.e. orientation, or improving current skills.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience providing nursing care in a hospital or medical facility
- Current CPR/BLS Certification
Posterity Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled