Employer: Posterity Group, LLC
An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Dental Assistant with a helpful attitude to join our family.
Navy Yard, Washington DC
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide for the examination, treatment, and disposition of patients compatible with the Dental
Treatment Facility's operating capacity and equipment;
- Become familiar with and follow standardized (Navy) concepts of Phased Dentistry and Managed Care.
- Provide oral prophylaxis, preventive dentistry procedures and non-surgical periodontal therapy to active
duty military personnel and eligible beneficiaries.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with Joint Commission and DTF/MTF requirements.
- Select and arrange instruments and prepare set-ups for patient treatment.
- Assist during patient examination and treatment.
- Assist during the administration of anesthesia.
- Assist in the placement and removal of sutures.
- Prepare restorative and impression materials.
- Dispose of contaminated waste in accordance with the standard procedures of the DTF/MTF.
- Place digital film sensors, expose digital radiographs and execute computer processing of the digital x-ray image.
- Expose bitewing, periapical, panoramic, and occlusal film utilizing bisecting angle or paralleling
- Instruct on basic oral hygiene care.
- Maintain operatory to meet the clinic's cleanliness and infection control standards.
These duties include, but are not limited to, working at the appointments desk, performing Central Sterile Supply functions, and participating in command quality improvement and assurance meetings, etc.
Qualifications and Education
Possess at least 1 of the following:
- Certificate or Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a state accredited program and 12 months’ experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant "A" school and 12 months’ experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months’ experience within the preceding 36
- Certification from a Military Red Cross Dental Assistant course within the preceding 6 months.
- 36 months’ experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in private practice or a military clinic.
Other Experience Required
- Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants
- Graduated from a state accredited program for dental assistants or dental technology
- Possess certification or permit for use of dental X-ray equipment. Completion of a military dental
technician or dental assistant "A" school will fulfill this requirement. Similarly, Dental Assistant program transcripts documenting dental X-ray training will also suffice.